Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation 06+ LSV owners...

ive got a 03 LSV, and curious what yall think of the new hull when it changed in 06.
    how easy is it to set up the wake? do you have any troubles with white wash? how slow can you go and still keep the wake clean(no white wash)?
    what do you think about the wake, size, firmness, steep or rampy etc.

i know we're all biased here, but if you had one complaint about it what would it be?

and also what weight and speed do you ride at?
    Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 01-23-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Unloaded you can get down around 18 before the wake is too washed out. But the wake at that speed is so wide it's a bit of a non issue. The wake is actually hard to mess up. The factory G3 is a great setup. Even unweighted it's plenty of fun. Some 750s in the back and a bow sac up front is the real deal. Wake is firm, a little on the steep side when you run heavy, and a nice crisp lip at the top. Complaints? Honestly can't think of anything.
    With the G3 setup, 22.5 mph, 70', and wakeplate right in the middle is a great place to start.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 01-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.

The redesign was to improve the wake. They did a great job.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here a vid of our wake. The setup is in the description of the video.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Nice riding...making it look easy.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

I've got an 06 LSV with the upgraded GIII ballast and the wake is great! My son is 6" and 235 lbs and he clears the wake no problem. I have pulled some pretty good riders and they also thought the wake had lots of pop with a nice lip at the top. This would have been with the ballast full and 7 people in the boat with the wakeplate up. bzubke1's video is great and even though he's running more ballast it looks just like my wake with the 7 people = 1400 lbs of movable ballast. Sometimes I have to move people around though so that one side of the wake doesn't get washed though.
    We're not experts by any means but this boat does a great job for us!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

my worst fear is knowing that this hull is 5 years old(for moomba). ordering a '11 and then the '12 get a new hull
    the sport has come SO far in 5 years. and thats alot of R&D time that could do some real good. then again im still in love with our 03 wake.

I know if a new hull comes out for the LSV I'm going to want to get it really bad, but I'm sure the price will increase if that does happen. I really like the 06+ LSV, its really easy to set up and with the wakeplate you have so much verstility in getting the wake to your liking. The wake with the plate all the way up and all the way down are totally different. With the set up in my video the wake is nice and firm with good lip and transition.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I dono. Not every "change" is an "improvement". I think I'll stick with this one for a long while.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Since you're in texas let me know if you wanna go out sometime and see if you like the wake. That way you don't have a salesman with you and can add extra weight and what not. I don't know when you're thinking about buying but we are still riding when it's nice out (65+), or hit me up come spring.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV