Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's it worth

Smile what's it worth

I purchased a 2000 Mobius direct drive boat, it sat for 2 years and I have got it running well now (has 800 hours). I spent about $1200 to have gel-coat repair, and am spending $2400 to have it recovered with naugahide following the original pattern. the integrity of of everything else is good. no cracks anywhare, floor solid all over etc. has a pole w/wake rack and a barefoot boom! what is my boat worth? I have no interest in selling it, I am only looking to see if it is worth what I am putting into the boat. fuel guage does not work.

I would guess around $8,000- 10,000, depending on condition, trailer, equipment, etc. You can do a bluebook search for a guideline.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

actually, the trailer has sat garaged for all these years as the boat lived on Lake Lanier on a boat lift on the water. The trailer is in absolutely perfect condition. I pulled it from Atlanta to Kentucky. thanks for your insight.
    Last edited by asil210; 02-14-2011 at 02:59 PM.

You can search the NADA guide here:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2011/Moomba/Power-Boats
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asil210 View Post
    what is my boat worth? I have no interest in selling it, I am only looking to see if it is worth what I am putting into the boat.
    it's only a question that should be answered if you plan on selling it. the question you should be asking yourself is all the money that I'm dumping into this boat giving me the enjoyment my family is looking for. if the answer is yes, then the cash really doesn't matter now. if the answer is no, then by all means sell it and quit spending more.

Quote Originally Posted by asil210 View Post
    fuel guage does not work
    based on this problem, I'll give ya $500 right now. you should stop spending money and sell it immediately..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'll give ya $550.............do I hear $600?

JK

Do as Kane suggests and check out NADA. As for actual value - it's worth what somebody will pay you for it in your area, market, and time of year selling.

I personally wouldn't worry much about it if you enjoy every minute on it? Look at what it would cost "to replace it" with a new one and all the repairs will seem minimal imo. If you got bank - order a 2011

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I was pleased NADA said it was worth Low retail 16.8 to high 18.8. I have actually known the boat it's whoale life, it was my brother's boat that he bought new, he gave me the family discount!!!! so I am MORE than pleased with the numbers at 8k or 18k. ave no plans to sell it we just about livvd in it last summer, this summber we will enjoy it even more with the new upholstery! thanks for everyone's input. BTW - I must decline such generous offers of purchase, lol.
    Last edited by asil210; 02-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Well, congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family. Let's see some pics after you get her all dolled up. If you have any from last year that will get us by in the meantime then post 'em up.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I just put 1 in my album, not sure how to post it with my name like u did?

There's a tutorial in the help area. See this thread and look at my description starting with post #3:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5629
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!