Default New Moomba Owner

Hey all...

I am the new owner of a mobius LS. We are slalom skiers and are considering adding a wake plate to nose the bow down a little. Does anyone know the exact model used by skiers choice?

PS-Any must know pearls of wisdom are way welcome.

Can't wait for some better weather in Houston.

Ken

Welcome to the forum ,what year is your boat? check the how to forum for a lot of diy if your so inclined
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I have an 08 Outback. The wake plate is a Bennett Trim tab. I don't have the model #.

Before adding a plate, you should ski it to see how you like it. After that, I would consider adding a small amount of weight to the bow. If you are going to mod, then I would consider adding a "hook" to the back of the hull. This is the way that MasterCraft changed the 197.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I have a 2010 mob ls and will go have a look... What year is yours? There may be some differences.

Default 03

Ours is an 03 mobius LS. It's a little chilly to ski yet. The wake looks soft enough but I would be curious to know what a plate all the way down does. We also boat on lake Conroe which can be pretty rough in non ski areas. Does the plate help keep the nose down in those conditions too? We had one on our old jet boat and it made a huge difference from a ride standpoint. The wasn't much wake to flatten but I'd imagine it would make a difference on a 20' DD.

K

Not sure what good it would do. My boat is completely different. It's 21'6" and a different body I. Would suggest that your boat is much more similar to a outback. I used to have a supra ts6mwhich would be a more similar to your mobius. I don't think you would need a wakePlate though.

Another Houstonian! Welcome!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD