Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes i can see this also, in turns if you have the 25% extra it will hold decently unless you are doing a hard turn or a 180 and even then i don't know if PP will hold that perfect eighter. I expect it will. Moomba cruise is operating of RPM so as the boat gets water resistance it slows the boat down and the engine slows down and hence the boat speeds up but at some point the RPMs are at a steady and the boat its self just slows down.

I have rode in Als boat and he has PP and its really nice but i will say I can feel the boat constantly jerks forward when the PP holds speed. I get used to it after a while but the first couple riders its just a little strange feeling.
    Actually the 2010 and 2011 Moomba Cruise are Speed based, not RPM based, and mine holds speed real well even through turns. It aint' fancy, but it gets the job done! As mmandley noted, if you shut off the engine and leave the cruise turned on, when you start up the engine and try to go somewhere... it is a bit confusing throwing the throttle wide open and not going anywhere LOL! All I would add is the ability to dial in a speed at idle when first starting the engine for set... but it only takes a few seconds to bring her up to speed, set the cruise, throttle down and let the rider gear up...
    Last edited by KSmith; 01-17-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Spekking iddued
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Yea im not sure why they changed but i know mines RPM based as right now speedo was jumping all over the place. I think my new water temp gauge is adidng turbulance sometimes or something. i plan to swap the paddle wheel and the temp places under the boat to see if it fixes the issue. We just used the GPS last summer to see what speeds we were going.

As for the Moomba Cruise vs the PP and Star systems, i am not trying to compare by any means, both of the other systems are fare better then Moomba cruise i was saying that Moomba Cruise is very usefull if you understand it.

Once i see the extra cash in my budget i will be upgrading but as of right now i dont see the benefit for the purchase. Other things i want to get first.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I know it's not fancy, but I'll also agree that Moomba Cruise is very useful and gets the job done. It would be nice to dial in speeds ahead of time. And the shut the boat off reset thing took me a while to figure out what was going on- really drove us crazy.

But now knowing how it works I find it completely sufficient. Not perfect. But holds speed through corners well too, as Ksmith said 2010 MC is speed based.