Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default digital cruise pro vs perfect pass star gazer

looking at a 2011 and these are the two options on a LSV (well moomba cruise is offered too)

i have a 03 LSV now with perfect pass and love it, its flawless.
    ive got a buddy with a 09 XLV with moomba cruise and said its useless.

we are diehard wakeboarders.

digital cruise pro is $500
    Perfect pass star gazer is $1300.

just wondering if it was worth it.

how does the digi cruise pro work? do you set your mph on the screen like PP?

any experience with either would be greatly appreciated.

digital cruise pro is electronic speed control and Perfect pass star gazer is controlled off GPS.

Do you set your mph on the screen like PP? Yes

I had PP on a 02, got the DC Pro on a 2010, they work very similar.

Zero off is also a factory option the 2011's. It is basically Digital Cruise Pro plus a GPS antenna. It is a $1300 option. Most people will be perfectly happy with Digital Cruise Pro. It is very similar to what Perfect Pass wakeboard pro used to be except it holds speed better. The only time I would consider Zero off is if you are a pro/sem-pro rider or ride with a lot of weight in your boat.

Cory, I know a place that you can get the PP Stargazer for $950. That's where I got mine, just haven't installed it yet

is the digital cruise pro the same as the moomba cruise just with a screen? or is the speed controling software different/improved.
    if the digital pro can hold a speed as good as my old perfect pass (non GPS) then i would be fine with it.

so does digi cruise pro work better than moomba cruise? and as good as the older non GPS perfect pass?

As far as I know the digital cruise pro holds the speed you set and moomba cruise will just hold the set rpm.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    is the digital cruise pro the same as the moomba cruise just with a screen? or is the speed controling software different/improved.
    if the digital pro can hold a speed as good as my old perfect pass (non GPS) then i would be fine with it.

so does digi cruise pro work better than moomba cruise? and as good as the older non GPS perfect pass?
    No, Digital C Pro and Moomba Cruise (MC) are not the same minus the screen. The MC is like a cruise control on a car, u get up to speed, u manually engage it and can tweak from there. DC Pro works like the Perfect Pass u have now. Download a boat manual it for more info on how they work.

The Moomba Cruise in 2010 and 2011 is Speed based, not rpm based.

The disadvantage is you cannot preset a speed for a run.

You must first take the boat up to the desired speed, engage the cruise, advance the throttle all the way open (does not effect set speed just allows the engine to increase throttle automatically when needed to maintain speed).

Once the speed is set there are Plus and Minus buttons to fine tune speed.

You can back the throttle off to idle while leaving the cruise set, when you advance the throttle again up to and past the set point the curise will take over when the speed is reached.

What we do is before a rider enters the water is take the boat up to the desired speed and set the cruise, then idle down where we want to start the run, let the rider gear up and enter the water, all without turning off the engine, then as long as you do not shut off the engine between each run the crusie takes over when speed is reached. When switching out riders we stop the engine let the rider board the boat and start all over again.

The set speed gets cancelled out when the engine is shut off.

That is the big drawback. It isn't as slick as the DC Pro, but it works good. When I bought my boat the dealer wanted 1200 bucks to upgrade to DC Pro, it just wasn't worth 1200 bucks to me just to have a different display (with temp) and being able to preset the speeds.

I think the DC Pro may have some memory capability, but since all it controls is speed (and not ballast, wake plate, etc) how hard is it to set a speed at 22 rather than 20.. a couple hits of the plus of minus buttons can take care of that.

Edit: If I had bought my boat at the boat show and could have upgraded to DC Pro for 500 I would have done it, but I just couldn't justify the 1200 the dealer wanted in August.
    Last edited by KSmith; 01-15-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add closing statement
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

looks like DCP may work for me. id love to hear from some folks that have it.

Quote Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
    looks like DCP may work for me. id love to hear from some folks that have it.
    Have it, a factory installed 2010 LSV, love it. I had a PP in previous boat. Any specific question?