Thread: Connelly skis

Default Connelly skis

Any input on camparisons on the Connelly concept and the HP? I'm thinking of buying an HP after skiing on a concept for 4 years. The concept is 68", I ski about 32 mph and I'm thinking a 70" HP would be better for me. I'm 5'10, 200#.

Never skied an HP. I think 70 is too big for #200. I skied a 68 Concept at 225, and probably still would be on it if I had not found a killer deal on a Radar. I would think 69 would be better, but I see that Connelly does not make a 69 HP. What is making you want to change skis?
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

At 32 mph, you will probably be happier on the Concept. Any thing about the HP make you want to change? If you want something a lot different (make skiing easier at 32), look at the FX (not the F1X). It is a shaped ski and is much different than the HP or Concept.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I love my concept, just thought I might like the HP better on hangover or rough water days. 2" longer, less effort for deep water starts, probably easier for rough water....on those early friday mornings I don't think my 68" concept can be beat. Thanks for your input guys!

Smile

I agree the 70 is probably too big as well . I have a 68 Triumph and a 69 Monza and i'm 215lbs. The Hp is/was the ski to have previous to the Concept,a little less stable i believe but a nice ski just the same as i have a buddy with one and i still enjoy trying it.
    I know this is changing the subject a bit but maybe look into one of the'' Many ''slightly higher performing skis. ''Any Brand'' and yes not as easy to get out on but fun and challenging and adrenaline raising all in one.If you are looking at skiing slower also look into some of the mid shaped skis as well ie Triumph ,Fx1 etc as mentioned and work on form and timing etc while going a little slower and enjoy yourself.
    07 Outback DD

Default Connelly Ski's

I Have a 68 Connelly FX , I used to ski on a EP honeycomb that was super fast but murderous on deep starts (I was skiing on a 120hp Outboard). I switched to the FX (Shaped Ski) for the easier deep start and thought I'd have to settle for it's cutting performance. Wow, it is as fast as my old EP will carve with the best of them,cut right through the wake and is perfect for the 30-32 mph range. I'm bout 188lbs 5'11". It is granny easy to get up on behind the Moomba!
    FamilyMatters

2009 Outback

Default I have an HP and love it.

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?a...pictureid=2720

I have the sizing chart on my profile.
    32-33 mph 15-20 off. Happy hunting with your ski.
    68". 5'9", 175# skier.

67" Kidder Redline Graphite baby ya... Got it for my high school grad and I'm still using it, although I'm thinking a 69" Monza would be a nice birthday present..
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Thats the ski i currently ski on. Love it . Fast=Fun. 69'' Monza. with double Animal boots.
    07 Outback DD