Default Where to set crossover for HLCD speakers?

I was looking at my tower speaker amp and noticed one of my bullets was running with the crossover on high pass and the other had the crossover turned off. Where is it "supposed" to be for HLCD's? Or is it more of a personal preferance type deal?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Set to Hi-Pass!

It will depend on the size of the midbass speaker, whether 6.5, 7.7, 8, or 10-inch and the size of the pod. If you've got a 6.5" in a 7-inch diameter pod you are not going to get any midbass extension so its a mistake to try and drive the midbass into extra excursion. The electrical power going in will not equate to the acoustic power going out. Its pointless to try and tune a speaker below the resonance of the speaker 'in' its pod. Tuning higher will deliver more output and better projection in exchange for midbass extension. The inverse creates a little more midbass (but only to a point) at the cost of projection and distance. The largest of HLCD/pods will highpass at 80 HZ while the smaller HLCD/pods will highpass at 125 HZ.

David
    Earmark Marine

I have the bullet 770's. If I read your post right I will get better projection by setting them on hi pass.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Night and day!

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Night and day!
    Rode behind the boat yesterday and you were right. It was easy to hear before but now its so much louder its almost too loud even at 65 feet.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV