Default Boatmate Trailer Height Issue

Since I purchased my Outback early last year (used), I always noticed that my Boatmate trailer didn't sit as high as others. By this, I mean the gap between the tire and the fender, wasn't much - barely any.

What is the reason to this and how do I go about correcting this, if possible? Is this something I can do or a dealer?

Thanks,
    Cody

what size tire do you have on there?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The spring inside the axle could be getting weak.
    2007 Moomba Outback V
    2015 F-250 PSD CC

2012 Fuse 40 T-bar
    Sky Ski Le-38
    XXX front wing
    UFO rear wing
    Evo tower

I'll have to double check the tire size, but I am pretty sure it is on par with original size - if not the exact same. What is the stock size tire?

If it is the spring inside the axle, how do I go about fixing this? Replacing the entire axle? I remember a while back there was a recall on the axles for boatmate trailers, but I am not sure if I fit into that group. Trailer is from an 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Outback View Post
    I'll have to double check the tire size, but I am pretty sure it is on par with original size - if not the exact same. What is the stock size tire?

If it is the spring inside the axle, how do I go about fixing this? Replacing the entire axle? I remember a while back there was a recall on the axles for boatmate trailers, but I am not sure if I fit into that group. Trailer is from an 2002.
    if its torsion springs you would most likely need to replace the entire axle....

if you buy a new axle go way beefier than you need to..... especially if its a single axle.
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 01-07-2011 at 04:17 PM.