Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Exile Big15 Sub and Enclosure

My boat is currently at Exile getting fitted for a Big 15 and a vented enclosure. As i am patiently waiting Brian decided to send this teaser video of the box to me today. I so can't wait to hear this thing.

You will have to click on the image to few the video, its save just redirects you to my photobucket. Don't know how to embedded a video into a thread.
    Last edited by thesack; 01-04-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Wrong link for video.
    Nate

Guess it is time to change your signature.

I bet that wil sound great!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Haha, yes it is...
    Nate

Jealous here. That will rock... congrats
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Congrats bro! I'm sure it Will be nothing short of amazing
    Last edited by dusty2221; 01-04-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Nate-

I'm sure it's going to come up...

-That's a solidworks assembly drawing.
    -The shape is notched so it will load properly into the helm and around the seat hump.
    - The heater port is not shown.
    - enclosure is 100% composit material.
    - volume is ~3.5cu
    - port tuned to 40hz. 3" vent.
    - this enclosure is similar to the on posted up in the Malibu forum but sized differently.

Nate sorry for the huge file.

Brian
    Exile audio.

Brian

Thanks for adding the extra info about the enclosure. I pretty much figure that the majority of enclosures are going to be similar in design. There is only so many ways to build one properly.

No worries about the huge file, it was well worth it. And fits in well with the motto on the boat "go big or you buy the beer"
    Nate

Hey Nate i was down at the Exile shop yesterday and saw your boat there. They were working on cardboard templates it looked like.

Id like to have a listen when its done, curious how much more a difference it is with a 15 and a 2500.1 then my 12 and its 2500.1. My 12 has the same coil windings and magnet as the big 15 just my woofer size is a 12. Brian and me spoke and he thinks i can handle the 2500 so were going to drop it in and crank it up lol.

I dont see why it wont hold it handled 3600 in testing last year.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hey Mike - When I talked to Brian yesterday he said that Bret had the balsa wood test enclosure in the boat. Suppose to get some pics of it sent to me today. So can't wait to get this done. Stereo will finally be almost done, just need the Xm9's, a second alpine remote and to finish installing the alpine remote on the dash. Only problem with getting the sub done is now I am more antsy about getting back out on the water. Soon soon...

I knew you should have gone with the 2500 to begin with. But I would imagine to the untrained ear that we will not hear to much of a difference between your 12 and my 15. I am sure that Brian will be able to tell the difference. We will have to get mine, yours and Al's boats together this summer and see who's is the loudest.
    Nate

Well i know for a fact the 15 does sound different, even when you had your kicker 15 cranked up i could hear a lower sound, more so that it carries farther, now in the boat not sure if i will tell a difference.

Yea i imagine the cardboard stuff i saw was the fine tunning to it before they didnt eh blasa wood cutouts for the final fit before they cut the material.

I also talked to those guys and they are making a custon 12 enclosure for the F350 crew cab like mine and they are gonna let me see it when its done because i have been wanting to upgrade mine. Right now its a standard behind the rear seat box with a shallow Rockford Forsgate sub.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]