Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Question!!! cabin amp and speakers

Hi there guys,

I have 6 beautiful db651's ready to be put in and also a pioneer 760 2 channel amp. I have decided after talking to a few of you that i am going to be running the rear 4 speakers off the amp and the bow speakers off the hu. will this be a good install? How should i go about wiring the speakers?

Thanks!!

rjgaumer
    2006 Moomba Gravity XLV. Cabin speakers: db651 on 1200.4 JL Tower Speakers: 4 WetSounds Pro 60, GIII with 750's in the Stern and 1100 in Bow. Wakeplate.

oh and here are the specs on the amp:

https://www.store.pioneerelectronics...eries/GM-5400T
    2006 Moomba Gravity XLV. Cabin speakers: db651 on 1200.4 JL Tower Speakers: 4 WetSounds Pro 60, GIII with 750's in the Stern and 1100 in Bow. Wakeplate.

Although a 4chnl would be optimal for running 6 in-boats, if it were I, using what I had, I would run 3 speakers per chnl wired series/parallel. This would be a 2.6 ohm per chnl load, and net each speaker about 60+ watts each.

That's less then the a pair per chnl will receive, but IMO, better then leaving a pair on the head-unit.

is that 60 rms to each? or max?

Quote Originally Posted by rjgaumer View Post
    is that 60 rms to each? or max?
    If i looked at the right 2 chnl Pioneer, then yes, 60 watts rms to each speaker.

so that should be good for the db651's then. correct? i am a complete door knob when comes to wiring audio equipment. is there any way you could make a diagram in the paint program or any other program and post it?

thanks a ton!

so that should be good for the db651's then. correct? i am a complete door knob when comes to wiring audio equipment. is there any way you could make a diagram in the paint program or any other program and post it?

thanks a ton!
    That's good respectable power across the board for 6 in-boats.

I probably have one somewhere, but I could probably redraw it quicker then I could find it

ok great. can you just describe how the speakers are going to be connected?

ok great. can you just describe how the speakers are going to be connected?
    3 speakers per chnl: 2 wired in series, then they are wired in parallel with the 3rd.

MLA,
    How would you address the inequity in power as distributed to the speakers so that you would have equal amplitude from all six speakers? Seems like the bow would play louder than the cockpit.