Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    MLA,
    How would you address the inequity in power as distributed to the speakers so that you would have equal amplitude from all six speakers? Seems like the bow would play louder than the cockpit.
    Close the windshield!

As noted, I feel this is a decent option with what there is to work with. I also do not feel that 3 identical speakers wired in this fashion will yield a noticeable difference. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by MLA; 01-04-2011 at 12:53 AM.

im clueless im waiting for our audio expert to chime in here!! where are you guys?!?!
    2006 Moomba Gravity XLV. Cabin speakers: db651 on 1200.4 JL Tower Speakers: 4 WetSounds Pro 60, GIII with 750's in the Stern and 1100 in Bow. Wakeplate.

Quote Originally Posted by rjgaumer View Post
    Hi there guys,

I have 6 beautiful db651's ready to be put in and also a pioneer 760 2 channel amp. I have decided after talking to a few of you that i am going to be running the rear 4 speakers off the amp and the bow speakers off the hu. will this be a good install? How should i go about wiring the speakers?

Thanks!!

rjgaumer
    I would personally buy a 4 or 6 channel amp to power the 6 cabin speakers but if you have made up your mind, then this is how you would wire the speakers:

Run a speaker wire from the port side rear speaker #1 "+" terminal to the amp. Run another wire from the port side rear speaker #2 "+" terminal to the amp. At the amp, twist the two wires together and connect it to the left channel's "+" terminal. Repeat for the "-" terminals. Repeat for the starboard side, connecting the starboard side speakers to the right channel.

Wire your bow speakers to the head unit as normal.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

perfect. thank you so much!!
    2006 Moomba Gravity XLV. Cabin speakers: db651 on 1200.4 JL Tower Speakers: 4 WetSounds Pro 60, GIII with 750's in the Stern and 1100 in Bow. Wakeplate.

how many ohms would that be to the db651's? also how many watts?

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I would personally buy a 4 or 6 channel amp to power the 6 cabin speakers but if you have made up your mind, then this is how you would wire the speakers:

Run a speaker wire from the port side rear speaker #1 "+" terminal to the amp. Run another wire from the port side rear speaker #2 "+" terminal to the amp. At the amp, twist the two wires together and connect it to the left channel's "+" terminal. Repeat for the "-" terminals. Repeat for the starboard side, connecting the starboard side speakers to the right channel.

Wire your bow speakers to the head unit as normal.

Hope that helps.

Al

perfect. thank you so much!!
    If you go the above route, then wire the bows to the head-units front chnls and use the H/U's "Rear" RCA output for your amp. This will allow you to fade back to the cabins when you want to crank the volume. This will help minimize the clipping to the under-powered bow speakers.

ok thats great to know also. do you know the answer to the question above that?

how many ohms would that be to the db651's? also how many watts?
    The speakers are the Ohm's load placed on the amp, no ohms to the speakers, only wattage. Your amp delivers 190 watts x 2 rms with a 2 Ohm load, so 95 watts to each speaker.

and thats ok even though the db651's are 4 ohm speakers?

and thats ok even though the db651's are 4 ohm speakers?
    yes, because 2 4 ohm speakers wired together in parallel is a 2 Ohm load. With a pair of 4 Ohm speakers wired in parallel on a single chnl, they split the amp's 2 Ohm output.

the amps output has no bearing on the speakers impedance (ohm), but the speaker(s) impedance has a bearing on the amps output.

Hopefully those audio experts will hurry up and get here, Im running out of BS to make up