Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Swim Platform Bracket Fix

I am trying to decided what is the best way to prevent platform movement in the bracket. I see that they have basically drilled holes near the top and inserted retaining screws on the new brackets. What have others done and do you have pics?
    Thanks
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Since I only remove my platform once a year when I put it away for winter I tap composite shims between the 2 pieces of the bracket. Rock solid, but difficult to remove.

I don't even notice or worry about it, every tournament boat i've had the platform moves.
    2007 Mobius LSV

it's sad that when I go to the boat dealership, the 'bu's don't seem to exhibit the same movement that all the skiers products do.

I have done the shim thing as well since I don't have to remove the platform in the current garage setup. I'll post in the am. simple, cheap, but a pita to remove..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

So i gotta ask, why is this an issue? What's the big deal if the platform moves?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Aside from the annoyance of it rattling, or moving every single time someone steps on it?

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    I am trying to decided what is the best way to prevent platform movement in the bracket. I see that they have basically drilled holes near the top and inserted retaining screws on the new brackets. What have others done and do you have pics?
    Thanks
    Doc,

As a few others have done, I also used the plastic toilet wedges and they work great. Pound them in and snap them off, you are good to go. I never remove my platform and it has been rock solid for the past couple seasons. If you remove your platform often it might be a little bit more of a problem.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Default Swim Platform Bracket Fix

So today after dragging my son around the lake surfing for an hour, he hops on the platform and one side was off the bracket. The two screws holding the bracket to I think a different bracket on bottom of the platform bent and broke. I can see the screws stuck in the bracket on the boat, busted ends pointed toward the sky. I was able to wiggle the platform back on the bracket attached to the boat, where it was secure for the trip back in, but I can just pull it off now.

I was able to get back in without the whole thing falling apart, so minor victory. I'm guessing I need to cut the screws out. Anyone know what screw sizes, bolts etc I will need? This is for a 2012 MOJO.

My platform has been rattling, it must have sheered off when I hit some rollers surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by zambonidriver View Post
    So today after dragging my son around the lake surfing for an hour, he hops on the platform and one side was off the bracket. The two screws holding the bracket to I think a different bracket on bottom of the platform bent and broke. I can see the screws stuck in the bracket on the boat, busted ends pointed toward the sky. I was able to wiggle the platform back on the bracket attached to the boat, where it was secure for the trip back in, but I can just pull it off now.

I was able to get back in without the whole thing falling apart, so minor victory. I'm guessing I need to cut the screws out. Anyone know what screw sizes, bolts etc I will need? This is for a 2012 MOJO.

My platform has been rattling, it must have sheered off when I hit some rollers surfing.
    My 13 mojo had all these problems, seriously I would look into upgrading to the stainless steel mounting they went to in 14. I think I was one of the first to get it done due to all the issuers I had. It's well worth the cost to upgrade. Brackets on the deck are upgraded and the mounting brackets to the boat are almost an exact match for bolting on the transom. 1-2 hours labor for a shop to mount everything
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My 13 mojo had all these problems, seriously I would look into upgrading to the stainless steel mounting they went to in 14. I think I was one of the first to get it done due to all the issuers I had. It's well worth the cost to upgrade. Brackets on the deck are upgraded and the mounting brackets to the boat are almost an exact match for bolting on the transom. 1-2 hours labor for a shop to mount everything
    Thanks for the advice. I was going to try to get away from bringing it in to the marina but I really don't feel like fixing this myself.