Default What went "Boom" on my boat? Ideas?

I was out on Saturday doing my civic duty volunteering to pull Boy Scouts around on tubes for the day. You would think this nice donation of time, fuel and a boat would bring some good Karma, nope!

I was going to trailer my boat and was doing a turn from the dock to the trailer obviously not going fast maybe 10 MPH. I had what I thought was a MAJOR prop strike. I figured new prop or a repair. As I went the remaining 30 feet there was vibration at mid RPM rather than lower which didn't match previous prop strikes. I Got the boat on the trailer and the prop was in what looked like perfect condition, damn.

I heard a little whining while pulling the tubes right at the end that I had not heard before. I don't have anything to add because I didn't cruise any further than just putting it on the trailer. It seemed to have the normal power but there was a vibration at mid range just when putting it on the trailer. It started raining so I didn't check fluid levels but they were good before this and didn't look in the hull. I won't see the boat for another three weekends so this is all I have.

Thinking V-drive or trans, alignment not sure what else it would be. I had just checked the coupling bolts about three weeks ago and they were good at the time but didn't check after this happened. Not much to go on I know.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

You probably just tweeked the prop a little. I've done the same thing. You can't see anything obvious but a little goes a long ways. And yes you won't feel it at idle, but at higher rpms.

PWI as usual...

That sucks to hear. Keep us posted.
    2003 Mobius LSV GG Edition - Sold!

Default What went "Boom" on my boat? Ideas?

I would tend to think a vibration would be a prop issue. I would pull the prop to look at it off the boat at a different angle and in better light from under the boat.

A few weeks ago a buddy on the Supra forum started to hear a 'whine' on his 2006 24' from the front of the motor. Ran it back to the dock.

Next outing he was dead in the water w/transmission issue. Going to probably pull the v-drive and tranny to diagnosis what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400