Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Kane they are adding the new Moomba logo seadeck for the 2011s. I saw it at the show and i like it but i dont think its as soft as the current one we have.

I will wait till we get it and if we like then cool, if not ill order a new Teak Foux sea deck and install that. Just have to wait and see.

The other nice thing is it sounds like SC doesnt want my damaged swim deck so i get that one back and i plan to make a nice hanging wall art peace out of in the garage.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That's great that SC is taking care of you Mike. Hopefully they get the swim platform built and sent to you quickly, or at least by the date they say it should be to you.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    That's great that SC is taking care of you Mike. Hopefully they get the swim platform built and sent to you quickly, or at least by the date they say it should be to you.
    Well they are getting smarter in the estimates AWS said SC said sometime before April LOL.

But the good thing is i can go pick up my current swim deck and use it still so im not at a loss for boating if the optunity comes up.

Unlike your situation you got stuck at the mercy of SC and repairs.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Well they are getting smarter in the estimates AWS said SC said sometime before April LOL.

But the good thing is i can go pick up my current swim deck and use it still so im not at a loss for boating if the optunity comes up.

Unlike your situation you got stuck at the mercy of SC and repairs.
    You forgot to ad the insurance company in that mix.

I wouldn't be surprised if SC still told AWS 2-3 weeks, but based on what happened with my boat AWS is telling you 2-3 months. Always much better to give a longer estimate then a short one. Which reminds me I need to check on my cushion. I think it is in, but with the boat shows going on Matt has been a little busy. Plus my boat is still at Exile.

Cary is good at fiberglass repair, so your boat is in good hands there. I am still amazed at the quality of work on my boat.
    Nate

Default Swim Platform Bracket Fix

So today after dragging my son around the lake surfing for an hour, he hops on the platform and one side was off the bracket. The two screws holding the bracket to I think a different bracket on bottom of the platform bent and broke. I can see the screws stuck in the bracket on the boat, busted ends pointed toward the sky. I was able to wiggle the platform back on the bracket attached to the boat, where it was secure for the trip back in, but I can just pull it off now.

I was able to get back in without the whole thing falling apart, so minor victory. I'm guessing I need to cut the screws out. Anyone know what screw sizes, bolts etc I will need? This is for a 2012 MOJO.

My platform has been rattling, it must have sheered off when I hit some rollers surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by zambonidriver View Post
    So today after dragging my son around the lake surfing for an hour, he hops on the platform and one side was off the bracket. The two screws holding the bracket to I think a different bracket on bottom of the platform bent and broke. I can see the screws stuck in the bracket on the boat, busted ends pointed toward the sky. I was able to wiggle the platform back on the bracket attached to the boat, where it was secure for the trip back in, but I can just pull it off now.

I was able to get back in without the whole thing falling apart, so minor victory. I'm guessing I need to cut the screws out. Anyone know what screw sizes, bolts etc I will need? This is for a 2012 MOJO.

My platform has been rattling, it must have sheered off when I hit some rollers surfing.
    My 13 mojo had all these problems, seriously I would look into upgrading to the stainless steel mounting they went to in 14. I think I was one of the first to get it done due to all the issuers I had. It's well worth the cost to upgrade. Brackets on the deck are upgraded and the mounting brackets to the boat are almost an exact match for bolting on the transom. 1-2 hours labor for a shop to mount everything
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My 13 mojo had all these problems, seriously I would look into upgrading to the stainless steel mounting they went to in 14. I think I was one of the first to get it done due to all the issuers I had. It's well worth the cost to upgrade. Brackets on the deck are upgraded and the mounting brackets to the boat are almost an exact match for bolting on the transom. 1-2 hours labor for a shop to mount everything
    Thanks for the advice. I was going to try to get away from bringing it in to the marina but I really don't feel like fixing this myself.

I agree with Mike. I had this done on my 12 Mojo and it was worth every penny. I think I spent somewhere around 500 all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto... Great upgrade... No more wobbling swim deck and no worries about it ending up on the bottom of the lake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Ditto... Great upgrade... No more wobbling swim deck and no worries about it ending up on the bottom of the lake!
    The good news is that the swim platform will float. I was surprised based on its weight but after thinking about it, it makes sense since it is a wood core. The FAE, however will not float and I dodged a huge bullet there. I think that my FAE was actually holding my deck on but it was working itself loose...
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold