Default Smilin' Cause I'm Going to be Exilen'

Wife hooked me up with the Exile Harpoon amp for the tower speakers as a Christmas gift and today I picked up a Exile Xi800.4 for the cabin speakers. I am amped (pun intended) to build a solid foundation for my tunes and then upgrade speakers in the future. Most of you already know this but Brian at Exile is awesome. I am looking forward to adding the Xi1500.1 in the near future. My goal is to build the foundation and put together a clean DIY install and then upgrade speakers next year. I currently have the Polks in the cabin and a pair of Fusion Pheonix (Diamond Audio Component) series on the tower My sub is a 10" Rockford. These should sound okay with the Exile amps powering them but I will most likely upgrade speakers in 2012.

Now comes the fun part of reading past posts about installs and wire gauge and reconfiguring my dual battery set up to better meet the needs of my system. I want a clean and well protected but accessable amp rack, so I have my work cut out.

Brian, Mike, Ryan, Al (guys that live within driving distance) and the rest of the Moomba Clan, I will be picking your brains over the next month or two while I put this together. There is some great information lurking in the forum and most definelty in your boats.

I am very interested in volume control at the helm, my current remote is a pain to mute and unmute and the other option I currently use is to just kill the accesory power to the head unit. I am going to look long and hard at the Kicker controls that I think a few of you, including Ed G/Martha have. Give me you thoughts on this. I would love a Wet Sounds with the mic but I don't want to spend that much and I am not interested in the new Brand X version of it. I looked long and hard at the HSE Revolution as well.

Thanks and as Brian would say "Cheers"

Welp, I'll just say it outloud. I'm going with the "Brand X" mentioned above for obvious reasons. Unfortunately they do not ship for a while but if you have time, i will give you feedback as soon as i find out how it works.

That is a nice base to work from!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Congrats Robert glad to hear ya getting some serious tunes man.

Call me anytime man i will be happy to drive down for the day and help you get ideas going and things started. I am off Friday Sat Sun ever week till April.

Id be happy to come down and get you squared away and along with Brian i have all the contacts you would need to get it done. I would be happy to help you build and install the system.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Welcome to thhe family Robert. It will be fun to see how your boat changes this year with the new power plants! Let me know if you need help.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

ps: I did some digging on your Head unit. 4V and great dynamic range is the word from the Kenwood folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    I am very interested in volume control at the helm, my current remote is a pain to mute and unmute and the other option I currently use is to just kill the accesory power to the head unit. I am going to look long and hard at the Kicker controls that I think a few of you, including Ed G/Martha have. Give me you thoughts on this. I would love a Wet Sounds with the mic but I don't want to spend that much and I am not interested in the new Brand X version of it. I looked long and hard at the HSE Revolution as well.

Thanks and as Brian would say "Cheers"
    Robert-

Holler any time you need info.

I am in here about every day, so just post here if you want, so everybody can follow along. I will be happy to help.

I think Ed's comment is about right, it is a whopping half-beer install, and having a simple knob to grab for in-boats and towers is so simple it is elegant.

Let us know!

Phil
    Kicker
    Last edited by Ed G; 12-30-2010 at 02:13 PM.

I love the Kicker ZXM-RLC Dual-Zone controller. Add it along with a mono amp's sub controller and you have 3 zones.

Install is a breeze, just be sure to wire the box to the same + and - that the rest of the stereo is using.