Hybrid View

Exclamation amp/speaker setup questions

Hi there guys, I am currently installing/upgrading my system. I have 6 db651's ready to be put in and also 4 db651's to put on the tower. my question is what amp to put it with. Here are the amps i have:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eries/GM-5400T

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KAC-91.../dp/B0014E2PD6

http://www.teptronics.com/pb717x.html

Please help me out. I'm thinking of using the pioneer 760 for the 4 rear cabin speakers and powering the 2 bow speakers with 2 channels each from the head unit (100 watts to each instead of 50) I also have inline bass blockers for the cabin speakers.

For the tower im thinking the 1000 pyramid. it is a crappy amp but it does work. i had two 12 inch punches in my truck with it and it hits HARD.

Finally I will use the 1800 for my 2 10 inch 1000 watt subs in the passenger storage compartment. (its an xlv soo lots of room under there!)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

RG

First i would realy lean on getting a 4 channel amp if you are buying one to run the cabins. If those are links just to show what you already own then yea go 4 cabins on the amp and 2 bow on the deck power.

Your sub set up sounds respectable but i might look into the forum search, last summer a guy had an XLV and built a custom bos to put in that space on the port side under a seat.

I would stay away from mounting speakers in the cubby space as this is a limited air space and most people i have seen placing speakers there are actualy sufficatting there woofers.

As for the 1K to the polks on the tower way to much power but if you tune the amp down with eh gain set realy low and the cross over right you can get away with it but its begging to blow those Polks.

Over all what you have can make a great system and get ya jamming this summer
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley, thanks for the advice. the 1000 for the towers does sound like quite a bit of power. I forgot that i also have a 400 2 channel amp. would that be good for the tower? or is that not enough power?

Polks are awesome and i was running my 6 on an 800 for a few months and it would have lasted but i upgrades from the Polks.

I would say stick with the 1K on the polks for your tower, just keep the gains low and make sure you dont allow to much bass into them and they will take the power.

On the 400 watt 2channel it will power them nicely especialy if you run them as a 2ohm load and the amp is stable but that amp will be working harder and this is why i tend to lean more towards the 1K.

Also if at a later time you upgrade your tower to Bullets or something else you got the power end covered. Im a firm beleaver a little extra power s always better then not enough.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

thanks for all the help! ill let you know how it goes!
    2006 Moomba Gravity XLV. Cabin speakers: db651 on 1200.4 JL Tower Speakers: 4 WetSounds Pro 60, GIII with 750's in the Stern and 1100 in Bow. Wakeplate.