Wife hooked me up with the Exile Harpoon amp for the tower speakers as a Christmas gift and today I picked up a Exile Xi800.4 for the cabin speakers. I am amped (pun intended) to build a solid foundation for my tunes and then upgrade speakers in the future. Most of you already know this but Brian at Exile is awesome. I am looking forward to adding the Xi1500.1 in the near future. My goal is to build the foundation and put together a clean DIY install and then upgrade speakers next year. I currently have the Polks in the cabin and a pair of Fusion Pheonix (Diamond Audio Component) series on the tower My sub is a 10" Rockford. These should sound okay with the Exile amps powering them but I will most likely upgrade speakers in 2012.

Now comes the fun part of reading past posts about installs and wire gauge and reconfiguring my dual battery set up to better meet the needs of my system. I want a clean and well protected but accessable amp rack, so I have my work cut out.

Brian, Mike, Ryan, Al (guys that live within driving distance) and the rest of the Moomba Clan, I will be picking your brains over the next month or two while I put this together. There is some great information lurking in the forum and most definelty in your boats.

I am very interested in volume control at the helm, my current remote is a pain to mute and unmute and the other option I currently use is to just kill the accesory power to the head unit. I am going to look long and hard at the Kicker controls that I think a few of you, including Ed G/Martha have. Give me you thoughts on this. I would love a Wet Sounds with the mic but I don't want to spend that much and I am not interested in the new Brand X version of it. I looked long and hard at the HSE Revolution as well.

Thanks and as Brian would say "Cheers"