Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

One more thing that I'm compelled to correct is the assertion that its the 'same product at half the price'. Well, its very similar as this was the intention.
    If you blow up the product photo it is a clear photoshop job. And where do you suppose the original photo originated. So we really don't know how the real thing will be as compared to the photo representation.
    Now we know that its an intended knock-off with no attempt to differentiate the copy from the original because that is the most effective way to siphon off the mindshare that the other product has earned. And by the way, this is how this product copy varies from the normal competitive business environment. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc. make every effort to bring a little fresh innovation specifically to set their product apart from those who they borrow from. But this is a highly targeted effort aimed squarely at WetSounds.
    The past M.O. has been a direct copy, whether a trademark, model number, visual, feature for feature, etc. "Make an identical copy and make it cheaper" has been the steady mantra delivered to the potential overseas builders. And that is an issue of concern. Specifically, WetSounds is on their 5th generation of revisions for the WS420 EQ. Noise has been reduced. Reliability has been increased. Controls and switches have been altered to stand up better to water and moisture. I'm curious as to which revision was copied and if the factory (its a different factory) that is making the knock-off product is privy to the history or even the reasons for the product improvements. Time will tell.
    As a direct importer of underwater lights, LED products and tower speaker pods, I have experience with some of these overseas companies. I think my concerns are a little more than just speculation. Ultimately the keeper of the quality is up to the domestic producer. If you don't have big volume and considerable clout you are at the mercy of people who do not share our general value system.
    I'm not criticizing those who choose to purchase a copy. Its your nickel and you are the one solely taking the risk. But, I am trying to give you a perspective that I believe is based on a little bit of the real world.
    Its unfortunate that we are so dependent on overseas manufacturing but that ship has sailed long ago and there is no other alternative.

David
    Earmark Marine

Hmmmm, EQ4200 and WS420, I'll take the real deal. I'll say something in Earmark Marine's defense when it comes to installing components not purchased from Earmark. Earmark's store is pretty impressive and they will give you a tour to see what their facility is capable of. They will not let a customers boat sit outside, all boats taken in for work are inside the building (not a fenced in yard). When I brought my friends Supra to David a car stereo shop had totally ruined the Supra's sound system as far as performance, wiring, and appearance. My friend did not purchase a single speaker or component and even brought an extra amp to be installed. David gave an exact price for the destall and install(which was in the $500-$600 range). At the same time a brand-new Wakesetter arrives needing a new system which was going to be in the $6,000 range because they basically wanted my exact setup in my boat. David politely told the people with the Wakesetter that they would take my friends Supra first and they could bring their boat back when they had room. So I know first hand that Earmark will work with customers who do not purchase from them even in the early Spring when customers are wanting upgrades and boatshows and dealers are selling new boats with Earmark stereo systems pre-installed before customer delivery. Sorry about my rant. Some are Exile fans, some rave about Kicker, but I'm just a fan of Earmark because of the deals, service, and hospitality I see at their shop as a customer or potential customer.

Ok, so .....

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Like mmandley mentioned, are we talking about an hours worth of time? Are we talking a dramatic difference in quality?

Can a solid tune by done by a local shop? What am I looking for in knowing someone can do it right? Or am I just way over-complicating the tuning aspect and it isn't that precise of a tune?
    Not trying to take over the thread but I think an eq's purpose is to fine tune the system, what does a fine tune involve? Is it a noticeable difference? Who is capable of doing a top notch job?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

No one is taking away from any of the installers here. Jmvotto, im sure, just wanted to pass along a good deal. I'm no moderator but id prefer if all the bashing and what not related to Ken/Krypt/Bulletlines stayed on WW and we dealt with specs, performance, and so on.

If anyone wants to read what a "scumbag" Ken is you can find countless threads on Wakeworld. (not trying to defend anyone, just tired of reading the same thing over and over)
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 12-28-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

No one is taking away from any of the installers here. Jmvotto, im sure, just wanted to pass along a good deal. I'm no moderator but id prefer if all the bashing and what not related to Ken/Krypt/Bulletlines stayed on WW and we dealt with specs, performance, and so on.

If anyone wants to read what a "scumbag" Ken is you can find countless threads on Wakeworld. (not trying to defend anyone, just tired of reading the same thing over and over)
    THis is where my views of Dave and Earmark Marine come from.

I will admit Dave is much more respectable and generaly a much nicer guy on this forum. Im sure if i met Dave in person i could get a real feel for the man and see what type of guy he is.

I have delt with Dave a lot on WW and read fare to many of his posts and bashes he does there. I think its unprofessional and frankly cring anytime i see his posting there.

I feel everyone needs to have a view and when it comes to gear you buy some can afford the 6K system and some cant but the bottom line is we all want our systems to sound as good as they can.

When being a buisness owner and on a forum, any forum you need to stand back and post professionaly because each and every post you make remarks on your company positively and they very fact can be negative.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley,
    Odd that you would single me out like this. If you have an issue with me then you should contact me directly and I will be happy to visit with you about it.
    I am not partial to any particular brand or any price bracket. In fact we do a ton of business with the JL Audio J2 electronics and X woofers where you can put excellent systems together very, very inexpensively and still get excellent quality.
    I don't generally criticize even the brands that I don't represent. Krypt is an exception because I so strongly disagree with their ethics. I have also been an honest voice when it comes to any misrepresentations made by the brands that I DO carry. At some point or another I have called several of them on the carpet when their claims got to be a bit of a stretch. Maybe this is where the conflict originates... if my opinion has differed from yours on occasion.
    So give me a call. Perhaps there is more to some of these situations and the motives than you realize.
    For the most part my posts are supportive, positive and helpful. I routinely introduce members to concepts for the first time and am frequently parroted by others. Its not at all fair to characterize the bulk of my posts as negative or critical. This forum is no different.

David
    Earmark Marine

I'm just happy to have a radio in my boat ......a big upgrade from nothing in my last boat.....unfortunately it hasn't helped my skiing improve much
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

yep, just trying to pass along a deal for the budget minded.
    i bought krypt hlcd off ebay for a great price before i really knew the whole bullet lines story. they sound better than my polk db651 in the tower at a price i could afford. then I saw all these posts about krypt here and on WW and wondered if they would sound less bright being dialed in with an EQ. so after chatting with a Former Moomba member, i purchased the real WS 420 5v new 2010 model for xmas. I called him to ask and install question about the product i purchased from him and he bashed my here and on WW. for other reasons he is banned from this forum and still runs on the supra ww and others. Ken showed me much better customer service than that authorized dealer, by honoring a price quote after it expired. FWIW

David, i should have ordered the ws 420 from you.lesson learned. I have my sights on a hse a volume controller
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    yep, just trying to pass along a deal for the budget minded.
    i bought krypt hlcd off ebay for a great price before i really knew the whole bullet lines story. they sound better than my polk db651 in the tower at a price i could afford. then I saw all these posts about krypt here and on WW and wondered if they would sound less bright being dialed in with an EQ. so after chatting with a Former Moomba member, i purchased the real WS 420 5v new 2010 model for xmas. I called him to ask and install question about the product i purchased from him and he bashed my here and on WW. for other reasons he is banned from this forum and still runs on the supra ww and others. Ken showed me much better customer service than that authorized dealer, by honoring a price quote after it expired. FWIW

David, i should have ordered the ws 420 from you.lesson learned. I have my sights on a hse a volume controller
    Better snag one before too long and the boating season starts and the sale is gone

1. How much time are we talking to fine tune? Is the cost really just going to be an hours worth of labor?

2. Is there a noticeable difference between me tuning to what i think is right and a professional tune?

3. Who is capable of doing a "professional tune"? Can a local shop do this or do one of the boat audio guys really need to do this?
    2016 Moomba Mojo