Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    I ask because I have decided to get teh Monster Tower Cargo Bimini. But it seems the tower speakers hung below the crossbar (normal mounting) would get in the way of the cargo carrying. So... since I have not yet mounted my tower speakers I am looking for options.

Thanks!

Kraig
    Kraig,

I have the Monster Tower Cargo bimini on my '08 OBV and I don't think you would like having the speakers mounted under the tower as I think you would have to drop the mounting points of the bimini and therefore wipe out headroom. The guys that have mentioned mounting underneath have the bigger LSV's that have a different tower than the OBV and have more headroom to start.

I have a thread out there detailing my install. I'd suggest you mount the bimini first, then see if your speakers will fit the way you want them to.

If you need any help with the bimini, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Kraig,

I have the Monster Tower Cargo bimini on my '08 OBV and I don't think you would like having the speakers mounted under the tower as I think you would have to drop the mounting points of the bimini and therefore wipe out headroom. The guys that have mentioned mounting underneath have the bigger LSV's that have a different tower than the OBV and have more headroom to start.

I have a thread out there detailing my install. I'd suggest you mount the bimini first, then see if your speakers will fit the way you want them to.

If you need any help with the bimini, let me know.
    Wolfman, Many thanks and I am glad you responded. I have your install bookmarked and will be using it as my template to install. It was from your pictrures that my concern arose. When looking at the picture from the back facing forward I liked the height you mounted the cargo bimini at and could see the room for the boards, but when I started to think about how my speakers would mount I became concerned.

I intend to install the bimini cargo rack first, that is more important than the speakers to me. Someone else mentioned it and I was hoping to avoid it but my speakers may get mounted on top for that Mickey Mouse look... or perhaps not, they could end up in the for sale section

Thanks!
    Last edited by KSmith; 12-21-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

be aware of state laws if you travel at night with your tower light, In NY it must be the tallest point on the boat. thus you may have to get a taller tower light.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold