Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tower Speaker Alternate Mounting (On Top)

Who has their Tower Speakers Mounted on Top rather than hung below the crossbar?

Also if you do have your tower speakers mounted above the crossbar, do you have pictrures?

I ask because I have decided to get teh Monster Tower Cargo Bimini. But it seems the tower speakers hung below the crossbar (normal mounting) would get in the way of the cargo carrying. So... since I have not yet mounted my tower speakers I am looking for options.

Thanks!

Kraig
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Idk about the monster bimini but my hollowpoints don't get in the way of putting wakeboards on the z5.
    What is your tower speaker setup?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Idk about the monster bimini but my hollowpoints don't get in the way of putting wakeboards on the z5.
    What is your tower speaker setup?
    Aerial Bullet Twins. Not mounted as yet. Nor has the cargo bimini arrived yet. Ideally I woud like ot mount the cargo bimini as high up the tower as possible for max headroom and yet not too high as to negate the cargo capability
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

A buddy of mine had them on top, he got tired of hearing from the crowd how his boat looked liked Mickey Mouse so he changed it all!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I'm thinking you should have room for both but here is a pic from Supra. Gravity08 has his hung above (hopefully they dont mind me posting it over here) ...

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I have mine mounted on top of my Supra. I would post a pic but I am on my phone instead of at my computer. But I believe if you do a search of my posts that you can see the speakers mounted on top in a couple of the pics from the when I was hit, think the thread is titled off the water for 4 weeks or so.

I like having the speakers mounted on top because it gives more head room clearance as well as the speakers are not as loud and ear shattering in the boat.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    I like having the speakers mounted on top because it gives more head room clearance as well as the speakers are not as loud and ear shattering in the boat.
    This was my thought exactly. I bet it keeps a lot of the noise out of the boat and if you are working with HLCD's, it should clean up the sound quite a bit for the in boat people.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

from looking at my tower it looks like the Z5 would get in the way if you mount them below
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

We have always been able to install speakers under the tower of both Moombas and Supras even with a cargo top. We typically use the Bullet HollowPoint coaxials or HLCDs in 7-inch or 8-inch pods that have a maximum hang height of 7 3/4" or 8 3/4". In some cases we spaced down the arms by 3/4-inch that support the cargo top when the tower was powdercoated and we couldn't relocate the factory collars. Its a very simple mod and that has been the extent of it as nothing more has been required in the case of either cargo tops or biminis. We have even installed a few tribal wings that add another 1/2 inch of hang height.

David
    Earmark Marine

I have mine mounted below with my Z5 i can post some pics if you want later < at work> i have 4 of them and there mounted as fare out as possible on the rear bar. Then i ahve 2 insode those with enough distance to spin them. The Z5 has the rear handle on it and that is between the 2 center speakers.

Works out realy nice.

Heres the link to my upgrade thread. It has everything ive done to the boat.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....t=Tower&page=8

This link is page 8 where it has the Exile towers mounted.
    Last edited by mmandley; 12-20-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]