Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hole in Outter Layer

today I was doing some work on the boat and got an itchin to crawl underneath it and take a look at the bottom. well once i go under there i found a small hole in the very bottom of the front. about as big as my finger nail. looks like it is just a hole in the outside gel coat layer, not the actual fiber glass but i was wondering if this is something i should be alarmed about?

i bought some bondo fiberglass repair puddy at the local auto parts store and I plan to fill it in tomorrow to my my hull whole again.

there was also a small crack just before this hole!

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Those things happen. Looks like you beach the boat? Anyway don't use Bondo, it'll just come right off after a few outing. You need a fiberglass repair kit to fix that. I wouldn't worry too much about the crack at this point. I would however not beach the boat to prevent this again, just my 2 cents.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    today I was doing some work on the boat and got an itchin to crawl underneath it and take a look at the bottom. well once i go under there i found a small hole in the very bottom of the front. about as big as my finger nail. looks like it is just a hole in the outside gel coat layer, not the actual fiber glass but i was wondering if this is something i should be alarmed about?

i bought some bondo fiberglass repair puddy at the local auto parts store and I plan to fill it in tomorrow to my my hull whole again.

there was also a small crack just before this hole!

if its just in the gelcoat just get some gelcoat, color match and you can even add in some cabosil to thicken(strengthen) the repair.... if its into the glass pick up some marine tex and repair the glass then finish with gelcoat.. you can tape waxpaper over the wet gelcoat repair. it will make a nice flat repair with minimal sanding....

DONT USE THE BONDO REPAIR UNDER WATER.... Even if it says it can be used under water......

where do you get gel coat repair products at?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Never understood why people beach their boat ???

Most boat shops would have it... do have any near you?

there is a west marine somewhere around here, id have to look up where it is exactly. and i have never beached the boat, i just bought it in october and from the looks of the very very bottom of it, the previous owner beacher it haha. its a little scratched up but then again that could be from rubbing on the trailer while loading and unloading. i just want her in tip top shape!
    David

West marine would have it.. u can just get a pint and some activator...

well it looks like i have a project to work on tomorrow!
    David

check out youtube for some how to videos. there are plenty good instructional videos on there....