Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default How many of you have more than one board???

So i was reading the garage storage thread and notice that many of you have more than one wakeboard and surfboard.. just curious as to why?? I get it if it's for the wife or kid. I just really wouldn't want to deal with another board to store and cart around if i don't have to!

waiting to be enlightened....

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Why?

I think the question is WHY NOT!?!?!? Different boards ride diffrently, wake and surf. It's fun to change it up.

Count me in the multi wakeboard, (6) two of the six are for the smaller riders, multi wakesurf boards (2), multi slalom skis (4), a set each of adult and youth combo waterskis, a set HO wakeskis... and yes, several different towables (3) of differing configurations... Oh, and a kneeboard too...

And no, I do not haul them all in one outting, we plan ahead who is going out and what toys are coming along.

Hmmm no wonder the wife gives me grief, didn't seem so bad until now...
    Last edited by KSmith; 12-15-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: corrected the counts
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I get the fact that boards ride different... if i want to switch it up i throw my buddies board on... i just hate clutter in the boat i guess. However i think things are going to get more cluttered now that i have to get a surf board and probably one for the kids and probably a wakeboard for the kids... oh no!! lol i see where this is going! HA..
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

always good to have an extra for someone to learn on. i don't put in the boat unless i have a rider that doesn't have a board.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

One reason is for backup. Who wants a broken pair of bindings to take you out from a day of riding. Another would be for different guests. When I go out i put all the boards in the truck and only the boards i am using right now go into the boat. Always good to have them on hand.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I have 3 surfboards...Shred Stixx for me, Ronix Koal for my girlfriend, and LF Venture for noobs and heavy weights. 4 wakeboards...my Slingshot, my girlfriend's Slingshot, a 142 Ronix Arcade with universal bindings for guys, LF 134 Trip with girls universal bindings for the ladies. I rarely have more than 3 in my boat that actually board so hardly even use my racks. The boards will fit in the V-Drive lockers.

I have five wakeboards of various sizes and skill levels. One is my personal one with closed-toe bindings that do not accommodate much variation in size, so only a couple of guests have ever used that. The other four boards, along with two sets of bindings, are mixed and matched depending on the rider. I seldom bring all of them.

There is no clutter because boards usually go in the racks.

We also usually bring a hydrofoil, but that also has its own rack. Any other gear (kneeboards and wakesurf boards) are only occasionally present and typically go in the observer storage if they won't fit in a rack.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

2 kneeboards
    1 set combo skis
    6 surfboards
    2 wakeboads
    why some many boards--dang good question and not sure I want to answer it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

3 surfboards, beginner, mine and another random board.
    2 wakeboards, my beginner that seems to fit anyone, and my new personal board with size-specific closed toe bindings...

not as many as others, but having the variety ensures that you are able to help anyone that you have come out enjoy the outing as much as you do.. nothing like taking a noob out and teaching them watersports and not having to fight a piece of gear that is totally wrong for them ... not to mention the value of used equipment. it's worth much more to keep around than the few $$ a craiglister will try to fight you down to
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten