Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking At Tower

I currently have a 99 Boomerang that I mostly use for wakeboarding. I realize that it's not a wakeboard boat but I don't want a boat payment and I was able to get this one for WELL below book value and in like new condition with 100 hrs on it.

Since the Boomerang is small my biggest issue is space. Three boards (one for me, my son and a friend) fill up the boat and using the ski pole doens't allow any passengers in the rear bench. A tower gives a place for the boards and opens up rear seating. Huge for space.

I am looking at this tower and I wondered if anyone has any feedback or experience with it. I don't know much about towers but this one has a lot of cool features and I will buy a bimini with it too (Florida summers are brutal).

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/Articles.asp?ID=199

Its the free ride tower.
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

I found some reviews online that were good, they were having a 3 day sale that I couldn't pass up so I ordered it.

Thats a very unique looking tower. I'm sure you will be happy, and LOVE the extra space. Their board rack is beautiful.

I sure hope so.

Right now I can only fit two passengers on the observers seat. The rear bench can't be used because the rope would take their heads off. Then the floors are PACKED with boards and equipment. A tower allows me to fit 3 to 4 on the bench, 2 on observers seat and the driver (7 instead of 3) and gives me all my floor space back.

Since the design looks to put a lot of stress in a small area I'm going to lay down several layers of extra glass in the mounting areas, then put marine grade plywood then the metal backing plate just to make sure it's sturdy. It will make the job much bigger but worth the insurance in my opinion.

I agree with the extra work, it will give you peace of mind.

Tower looks fine. You aren't going to change the value much of a '99 Boomerang so, why not-- if it's cheap? It will work to make a great season for you. By next offseason you will be looking for more wake though. I put a tower on an Outback a couple years ago. I ended up with an LSV 2 years later. Should have just bit the bullet and started with the LSV. Then again, we did have lots of good times with the Outback. Sometimes working your way up is half the fun. But it's all fun. Enjoy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm definately known for working my way up through hobbies.

My issue is that I'm a single guy that has to support a home & a child on my income. I have a decent base salary but it only pays the bills, very little to no fun money. I'm in sales so I usually see good size comissions here and there but they are spotty so when I want something like a boat I have to pay cash for it. I just can't do a payment.

Right now it's just my 6 year old son and I and I haven't wakeboarded since I was a kid (I'm 33 now). I'm not a fat guy but I'm 6'4" 245lb guy, not exactly condusive to doing backflips and what not. As a single earner I cannot afford any major injuries either.

Although I enjoy wakeboarding almost every weekend I'm in a place right now where it needs to stay where it is.

Right now I hold the title on a low hour very clean boat that allows me to wakeboard every weekend. That's just fine in my book
    Last edited by cham; 12-16-2010 at 05:12 PM.

And right now I have her torn all apart. Cleaning, fixing anything that isn't perfect and getting ready for some warmer weather!!!

Supposed to be 77* here tomorrow

The interior looks really clean too, got any fullboat shots?

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    The interior looks really clean too, got any fullboat shots?

Last edited by cham; 12-16-2010 at 06:01 PM.