Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-Pod in Moomba

Default I-Pod in Moomba

Does anyone know of a good drivers side holder for the Ipod? Also since the radio is in the glove box does anyone know how long of a cord you will need to connect it to it?

Take a look at the RAM brand of mounts, can be configured however you like.
    2007 Mobius LSV

The link below is the same as mine but with a smaller, triangle base instead of the larger square base. Both holders are adjustable for various size phones or ipods
    http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart...cat=285&page=1

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart...cat=285&page=1

you da man, i noticed your iphone is hooked up using the data port. Is that ran directly to the ws420 or through head unit? It also looks like that cord can do data port or headphone jack, where did you get the cord? Can you tell a quality difference between the two?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    you da man, i noticed your iphone is hooked up using the data port. Is that ran directly to the ws420 or through head unit? It also looks like that cord can do data port or headphone jack, where did you get the cord? Can you tell a quality difference between the two?
    Sound quality is not effected to me but volume has to be up more when using the headphone plug. I use the data port because it charges the phone as well. It's wired to the headunit using the CD changer port via an adapter to go from pin CD changer type to RCA.
    Last edited by you da man; 12-16-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Its alright to convert to a 3.5mm jack (going to the input of an EQ for example) but avoid coming out of the headphone jack on the top of an ipod. Its often a primative Class B amplifier intended to drive very basic headsets. The port at the bottom has a much cleaner true preout signal.

David
    Earmark Marine

Okay, the cable stuff makes sense, what about a Zune? I am one of the seven people in the world that has a Zune HD instead of an iPod.

What about it? It should still be able to connect to any hu through the aux in port as long as it has one. even then i'm sure there's a cable to make it happen. It'll play like any mp3 player.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Your zune would jsut play thru the 3.5mm headphone port.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Its alright to convert to a 3.5mm jack (going to the input of an EQ for example) but avoid coming out of the headphone jack on the top of an ipod. Its often a primative Class B amplifier intended to drive very basic headsets. The port at the bottom has a much cleaner true preout signal.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Where can I get an adapter for the iphone that goes from the data jack to a 3.5mm aux in jack?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV