Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new prop input

Default new prop input

Hey guys, doing some research on re-proping my 07 outback v. I wanna go with an ACME, just curious to see what was recommended to you other outback v owners. I know there are a few different syles just seeing what you guys went with and why. I am going to e-mail ACME to see what they recommend, I just wanted to see the feedback from the boat owners. Also curious to see how much of a difference a 14 X 14 makes and how much you like it. Thanks.

TONS of data on this. search and you shall be enlightened..

fwiw, the 1235 from acme is a very popular upgrade and I'll speak firsthand that it makes such a huge difference out of the hole when loaded up. but watch trailer clearances..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

anyone with an outback v have a trailer clearance issue with the 14.5 diamter acme prop?

go for it, order it up and put it on. if you have issues, boatmate has a shimkit that you can get(think it's free if you call and ask) then just plan on a few extra minutes at the launch one day. think that there are a couple on here that have had to install it.

trust me, the performance gains of the true "wakeboard props" are well worth the hassle of installing the kit-if you need it...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Check out the 1433 as well. Huge holeshot, butter smooth, and no clearance worries.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Check out the 1433 as well. Huge holeshot, butter smooth, and no clearance worries.
    I believe that the 1433 is the majority on the Outback V. The 1235 for the LSV and XLV

Thanks for the help guys. I am gonna go with the 1433. Any recommendations from where to buy. As of right now www.wakeprops.com has been the cheapest. Thanks again.

Nettle props for sure. Give them a call, they'll talk you through all your options and in the end you'll have the best prop for your boat at the best price. I'm guessing you'll end up with a 1433 though. That prop is a beast even on an LSV, and did I mention SMOOTH!

Nettle Props hands down the best place to buy props. 1433 is $457 and no tax for you. Be sure to ask for a prop nut kit ($17) and it includes a new nylon nut, cotter, and key.
    Last edited by you da man; 12-16-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Ed...everything to you is highway robbery. We all know you're frugal and like to deal, negiciate, or seek a discount.
    Last edited by you da man; 12-17-2010 at 10:10 AM.