Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Orlando ski school recs? Water temps?

Hey guys here's the deal- I'll be in Orlando late Feb/early March- I'll be there just for a few days and I'm wanting a place where I can get just a few instructional slalom sets. I'll have a rental car so I can drive a little, but something that I could do in half a day would be nice. Any recs? What are the water temps generally like that time of year? Thanks for your thoughts!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Word of caution if you go there...you will have to put up with gorgeous French women in bathing suits. SWiss Ski School is also close to The Wakeboard Camp......
    Uh, Ed - Funny thing you did not mention this little fact to me when I was in town. Only thing you talked about when I came through Clermont was The Wakeboard Camp. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Ed- everything you've told me about this place sounds perfect and well worth the short drive from orlando- an it looks like the "pay by the set" format will work great for me. I'll just call down there before I go to see what gear I need but if the water temp stays in the 60s I should be good to go in trunks. If I ski poorly I can just blame it one the "distractions"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Cool

Ski Fluid is the ski school i used when i was down there. It's run by the Rocketman Scott Ellis and Kyle Eade and i brought in my own private coach Current World record holder Chris Parrish to teach me . Ask around its not to hard to arrange,Luck Lowes and a couple other scholls are nearby as well.
    Not that i am brand specific but they use the new 200 Nautique which in my opinion for skiing is second to none.
    07 Outback DD

Ed- it would be the highest of honors if I could work in a surf ride behind Martha. And tonight at dinner my wife said the most magical of words- "Maybe you can go ski for a day while I take the kids to Disney"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

Smile

Just so you know Lucky's mom works at the Waterski museum which is located right beside Ski Fluid , Very nice lady ,friendly and knowledgeable not just about waterskiing,was very helpful ,when my wife and i and kids met her.Gave us lots of little tidbits on local atractions etc mixed in with a few life stories etc.
    07 Outback DD

what I don't understand is what do people need Disney for if you can ski/surf/board year round lol? I can just hear my kids now "no daddy I don't want to go to Disney I want to go on the boat!" "Sorry bud your mom wants you to go to Disney so she can take pictures of you with strange guys dressed up as cartoon characters"
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

That's awesome Ed. It looks like I'll be in the right neighborhood. I'll PM you when the time gets close and see if I can turn this dream of getting both ski lessons at Swiss and surf lessons behind Martha into reality!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

well after about convincing myself not to do this after I realized the added expense (travel bag for ski, air tran charges for transporting fee, rental car) I found a ski bag on sale at overtons and contacted the Swiss Ski School. Looks like I'll be skiing there Sat Feb 26. I'm just hoping to get something out of it having not skied since October. This might be the most expensive ski ride I've taken, but I'll probably die with more than a few hundred bucks in the bank so I might as well spend it now.

Ed I'll hope to get a water temp update from you just before I leave so I can plan what gear to bring!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

My first (and only, so far) ski school was my first sets of the year, on their equipment, that didn't fit. Anywho, I learned a lot in a short time. It may be that you learn some pointers that you can work on this season to get better.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier