Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 mobius lsv

Default 2007 mobius lsv

Hi all,
    Seriously considering upgrading to the newer hull LSV, I currently have an '03, and I am looking to upgrade the wake and the overall quality. after testing many other boats, and not willing to pay the ridiculous price tags of the nautiques/Malibus, it has come down to newer Moomba or much older malibu/nautique. I have had an opportunity to drive and sit in the newer moombas, however, havent had a chance to ride behind one. The major problem I have with my existing boat is the wake curls over very easily, and is soft. We put around 2500 pounds in it, and its getting somewhat overloaded for the freeboard. do any of the advanced riders on this board have any experience with the newer hulls, and how they need to be weighted for a hard, well shaped wake with no curlover? The cost for this upgrade is minimal, so it is tough to say no to, but I dont want to be dissapointed as we have 4 feet of snow here already and getting out to ride behind it isnt an option. I am about a week away from pulling the trigger. It comes with all the essentials needed to wakeboard, perfect pass, wakeplate, gravity 3, appearance package (not sure what that includes for 2007, if anyone knows please advise) Thanks in advance

Appearance in 08 included the docking lights and chrome rubrail. I think stainless cupholders were standard in 08 but might have been part of the package in 07. Pop up cleats too, maybe. Can't speak to the riding wake but the 06-newer LSV hull is one of the greatest do everything hulls you'll find. It's bigger and deeper and can safely take more ballast. I haven't run into anyone yet that doesn't love it. Hopefully some real serious riders will chime in with some wake feedback for you.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'll vouch for what you are saying about the soft wake. My friends have the exact year/model LSV and the wake is too soft for my liking. Also, does your boat ride with bow pretty high?

I think you'll be pretty happy with the wake of new LSV. We normally ride it with Gravity 3 completely full and a 750# fat sac across the front seat at 23.5-24 with the wakeplate all the way up. I got a few pics and videos of the wake if you're interested.

If the one you're looking at has an upgraded prop thats even better. I have the stock prop and it's pretty sluggish with anything over 2000 lbs.
    Last edited by bzubke1; 12-10-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I'll vouch for what you are saying about the soft wake. My friends have the exact year/model LSV and the wake is too soft for my liking. Also, does your boat ride with bow pretty high?
    I hear what you are saying, and yes, we need a little more weight up front for sure. the amount of weight I plan on putting up front next year would likely leave the nose a mere few inches above the waterline, and I dont trust very many people to drive it like that. Another reason for the upgrade - safety

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I think you'll be pretty happy with the wake of new LSV. We normally ride it with Gravity 3 completely full and a 750# fat sac across the front seat at 23.5-24 with the wakeplate all the way up. I got a few pics and videos of the wake if you're interested.

If the one you're looking at has an upgraded prop thats even better. I have the stock prop and it's pretty sluggish with anything over 2000 lbs.
    I wouldn't mind checkin out the vid, have you ridden behind many different wake boats? can you speak to the firmness of the wake? Thanks,

The wake is nice and firm as long as there is enough weight up front. If there is too much weight in the rear it does get a little softer. The only other true wakeboat I have ridden is a friends 2001 super air nautique 210. The wake is real hard and steep but doesn't have as much transition as the LSV, it is also a bit narrower than the lsv so I was landing everything in the flats. Other than the wake the nautique is much smaller on the interior, but does have a very nice wake. It's been a while since I rode that boat and at the time I weighted our boat different so I would like to ride it again for a better comparison. I'm uploading a video now I'll post the link in a minute.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    The wake is nice and firm as long as there is enough weight up front. If there is too much weight in the rear it does get a little softer. The only other true wakeboat I have ridden is a friends 2001 super air nautique 210. The wake is real hard and steep but doesn't have as much transition as the LSV, it is also a bit narrower than the lsv so I was landing everything in the flats. Other than the wake the nautique is much smaller on the interior, but does have a very nice wake. It's been a while since I rode that boat and at the time I weighted our boat different so I would like to ride it again for a better comparison. I'm uploading a video now I'll post the link in a minute.
    sweet, thanks a lot!

Man it took forever to upload that. The details are in the description.

-2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Guess I don't know how to embed it. Oh well.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV