Thread: Re-carpeting

Default Re-carpeting

I am going to recarpet my 2001 Mobius D-drive this winter, bad spill left my carpet a mess.
    For those with a d-drive, does anyone know what the need for the access panel in front on the engine cover is for? I am thinking about making the carpet one piece at least in the front of the engine cover. I will keep the rear access cover seperate so I can access the drive shaft for adjustments. I also plan on removing the black inspection cover and making that part of the carpeted floor.

Hopefully this makes sense.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Default Replying to Topic 'Re-carpeting'

on mine thats where the bilge pump is if you need to replace or service it, difficult to from the engine compartment
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default Re-carpeting

I can see the bilige pump and I understand what you are saying. I "think" it could be replaced from the engine compartment. I guess I just don't like the look of the access cover and since I am recarpeting I would like to get rid of it.

Thanks for your input
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Replacing it is one thing, but clearing it of debris or trying to do some manual work on it in an emergency would be another problem. From experience I can tell you replacing it from the engine compartment would be a serious chore too. By the time you figure splicing the wires which probably don't have a lot of excess length to them and attaching the drain hose to the pump you'll be pulling your hair out if you have to do it.

Default Re-carpeting

Thanks guys,

I have not made any final decisions yet. I just ordered the carpet and I will start working on it soon. This one is going to keep me up at nights. I really don't like the "look" of the access panel.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

How about putting attaching some tabs on the bottom side of the deck. Cut a piece to fit in the hole and rest on the tabs, then carpet that piece. It would look nicer and you'd still have access.

Default Dash

Dandy Idea, I will keep that in mind.
    Thanks

Gotta love this board!
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

The bildge pump doesn't work that well in that location anyways.I added one behind the engine and it gets more water out.
    jy