Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I think the op is looking for a removable pylon in general since the moomba pylon is fixed and the supra pylon spins flat?
    probably never, as that is part of what keeps the moomba a value line boat and dealers able to upsell into a supra..

now if he is looking for a true center pylon like a dd boat, then I'd echo ed's post x1000. waste of space and money imo..

And I thought all vdrive boat pylons were retractable....just learned something new...
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I would love to see the removable center pylon like the nautique sport 200- a boat I can't wait to ski behind. Last year I drove a skier down the course at 22 off 32 mph with my obv and it was very challenging because of the issues described above. I didn't cut down any buoys but I came close and I know the skier didn't appreciate the weaving path the boat took down the course.

As for the sport nautique 200- I'll be interested to see if it lives up to the hype. I have this theory that my 08 obv is about as good of a slalom wake that a V drive can make and that if I continue down the slalom road I'll be looking for an older DD slalom boat just to use for the course- but the thought of maintaing and storing 2 different boats doesn't seem that great. I'll be interested to see if the sport 200 wake is superior to what I have or if it is another "pretty good for a v-drive boat" wake.

here's a video I found of the nautique 200 going down the course- hard to tell from the video for sure about the wake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDMaubuTYM
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I think we got two issues mixed up here, as far as I understand it. The pylon placement is separate from weight distribution, except for the fact that the pylon weighs something...

For the small ski wake you want the weight balanced over the center of the boat, so it sits as high as it can in the water and disturbs as little water as possible.

For the tracking, you want the pylon centered amongst the skegs, rudder, and to some extent the hump below the ski locker to give the skier less leverage to twist the boat around. I don't think the weight by itself has a very big effect on tracking cause it doesn't effect the skegs or rudder. Although I guess if the boat is deeper in the water then the sides of the boat give more lateral control.

For the newer v-drive hulls Moomba did away with the 3rd skeg because the hump under the ski locker supposedly does the job along with the rest of the hull.... and I guess for wakeboard boats the tracking is not as important.
    Last edited by schuylski; 12-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.