Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Removable Center Pylon on Moomba V-Drives?

What are the chances Moomba will add the option of a center mounted removable ski pylon? I noticed competitor companies are adding this option to some of their models.

I think the op is looking for a removable pylon in general since the moomba pylon is fixed and the supra pylon spins flat?
    probably never, as that is part of what keeps the moomba a value line boat and dealers able to upsell into a supra..

now if he is looking for a true center pylon like a dd boat, then I'd echo ed's post x1000. waste of space and money imo..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sorry guys. I should have been more descriptive.

I am talking about a pylon that is removable at the center of the boat like a DD. Removable is the key word here.

There are at least 2 other boats that just came out with this option. On the days when the family is with, the pylon is removed, but the day you want to carve some "S" in the lake, then the pylon could be placed there for your skiers.

I would prefer not to mention competitors boats on here so if you want examples, please just PM me. No sense in naming "other" boats that aren't our favorite Moombas.

so not being a waterskiier, what difference does the pylon make in the center of the boat vs 4ft back where the vdrive compartment is?

not sure if it would be possible in a retrofit kit with both the floors being removable(read-weak) and the gastank being below the center of the floor?

I was wondering the same thing as sandm. The Sport Nautique 200 has this removable center pylon. The massive amount of rope swing kind of makes the side and rear seating useless unless the passengers laydown on the seats or floor... I'm good with the pylon where it is. It'd be nice to be able to drop it down like the Supras though.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

It'll never happen unless a redesign of the boat is done as the gas tank is dead center of the floor preventing this.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    The factory is well aware that we Moomba owners would love to have a retractable pylon to replace the current one.

They even worked with us when we discussed a retrofit.

I can see it happening in the not too distant future.
    Ed, That is great to hear. I know how your "boys" feel on this one since i hit them also and my knees.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Cool

The advantage to having a centre post would be balance of weight in the boat and allow the boat to ride flatter.As for skiing with this option would be the same as when us DD owners want to ski. Tell riders to move forward or get out.It might be a nice option possibly swaying future skiers to look at that option on certain boats. Most of the Vdrives are just plain heavy and ride deep so there would be no advantage ,but the Outback V and a couple Supra models would benefit from this option.
    Maybe this is something Skiers should look into as it surely wouldn't be that hard to incorporate and maybe bring more business there way?????
    07 Outback DD

I think the advantage to having the pylon in the middle is for boat tracking. When you've got the pylon towards the back and you get a competitive skier behind you really cutting it up and yanking as you are trying to drive through the course, they can pull the boat all over the place. With the pylon in the middle of the boat, the skier can't twist the boat off course and it tracks much nicer.

If the skier isn't cutting hard, pylon placement doesn't make much difference.

If I understand it correctly, the pole in the dd is placed in front of the motor in the center of the boat for the reasons mentioned to keep the boat from swinging around. makes total sense from a weight distribution standpoint. now in a vdrive, all the weight is over the a$$ end of the boat. would it not be the best position to have that pole directly in front of the engine where the weight is as opposed to the middle of the boat where there's no weight to counteract the actions of the skier? with no additional weight around the pylon in the center, it would seem to me that a skier cutting hard would risk pulling the nose of the boat around since all the weight is in the rear?