Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

The problem with pre-made boxes is almost all are mdf and even coated won't last as long as a well thought out home built of birch plywood or mdf and sealing with resin and bedliner in/out. I'd go birch ply and make your own custom box to fit your space.
    2007 Mobius LSV

That is most likely what will be done. The racks I'm working on right now are all birch ply and coated with rubberized undercoating.

After what I have going on with the amp rack, a sub box solution should be a walk in the park.

Should....lol

KG doesn't the 24 have a false panel under the dash with a huge amount of room behind it? From what I can remember you could almost park a VW in there.

PWI as usual...

It would have a huge area if i didn't have the heater. Heater block/unit (for lack of better words) and the hoses sit right behind the hump. Other than its pretty open, aside from a big group of wires that run through there.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yeah, the Hot tubes stick out right in the wrong spot, then the heter gets in the way right on the other side of those...

We have a few ideas for what to build, but that is phase 2. Right now, getting the amp racks done is priority.

Any chance of that thumbnail from the first page getting emailed out???? Its gonna take me hours to comprehend all the info in this thread.....Also a very visual learner.....
    thx....
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    It would have a huge area if i didn't have the heater. Heater block/unit (for lack of better words) and the hoses sit right behind the hump. Other than its pretty open, aside from a big group of wires that run through there.
    cut that hump out. it's easy to do, very messy, but frees up a ton of room for a box.. it's kind of scary to do at first, but the room you gain will allow for a huge box of any variety with almost no loss of legroom. think mine for a jl 12 lost a total of 3 inches of legroom..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Extend the hoses and move the heater. I did it in mine and it gave me a ton of room. The mounting brackes are all adjustable and can be mounted in all different directions. There should be plenty of wire in the harness. It can't hurt.

PWI as usual...

Ill check possible options before making any final designs for the sub. Measure twice, cut once...

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
    Any chance of that thumbnail from the first page getting emailed out???? Its gonna take me hours to comprehend all the info in this thread.....Also a very visual learner.....
    thx....
    [email protected]
    Maple, you talking about my paint pictures? I can send you all of them in a little bit. I believe the very last one is updated and reflects all the above given here. Lemme know!