Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
Thanks cab, the reason I was planning on running a dedicated wire to each + and - on the speakers is because I have 100ft of 12g 4 conductor speaker wire with an outer jacket covering all 4 lines. So, my plan, the wire has red, green, black, and white, was to just make one run which would include all the wires for both speakers. At the speaker, I planned to hook the red and black to one speaker, then the green and white to the other + and -, and back at the amp wire the two positives together and same with the grounds. So it still gets a 2ohm presence at the amp, but each speaker has it's "own" line all the way to the amp. make sense?
Dusty,

Running a separate home run from each speaker to the amp (8 wires in all) is certainly the best way to do it, but you are going to have a hard time running 4 pairs of 12 gauge wire thru the tower, especially going around the pivot. But maybe that bundled 4 conductor cable has a lower profile than the traditional, two conductor 12 gauge wire. The way I show it, you would only need 4 home runs back to the amp for all 4 speakers, instead of 8, and you will accomplish the same thing. But either way, yes, the amp will see a 2 ohm load.

Al