Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tower mirror

Default tower mirror

so i am in need of a tower mirror and am looking at some one monstertower.com. i figured it would be best to have one that can be adjusted on two planes, like up down and left right. here are the two i am looking at and the website says nothing about how many ways it can adjust. does anyone have either on of these??

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-40-xt...le-mirror.aspx

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-36-mo...le-mirror.aspx
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I've got the second one, love it so much I kept it when I sold the last boat. Really nice to remove the mirror when towing the boat-stays cleaner and when just going for a cruise to get it out to the way, one last thing is fitting into a garage you can remove the whole mirror assemble.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-10-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

does the arm get in the way when you fold down the tower?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    does the arm get in the way when you fold down the tower?
    Not for folding if its on the part lower than the hinge.

I do know that some fixed mount's cause clearance issues when backing into a garage.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have the second one (the Monster one) and I love it. Yes you can adjust it pretty much any way you want. Where it attaches to the clamp, you can loosen two set screws and spin the arm around until you get it both horizontal and at the height you want it. I have the old style tower that folds forward, so I have to remove my mirror to fold the tower, so the quick clamp is a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I have to remove my mirror to fold the tower, so the quick clamp is a big plus.
    I hate my OEM mirror for this exact reason and glad I only have to do it once a year.

I've seen the one Daze has and would like to find one under the Christmas tree!

Default Guys!!!!!!!!!

If it was me (and Moombadaze had not given me his mirror arm as a christening present) I would be snatching this one up immediately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WAKEBOARD-TOWER-...item483e09e14c

PS: If anyone has an extra mirror only, I need one. I cracked mine going into the garage last time. Mine slips right under the garage door as long as I remember to flip the mirror over (which I did not remember to do last time).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If it was me (and Moombadaze had not given me his mirror arm as a christening present) I would be snatching this one up immediately:

PS: If anyone has an extra mirror only, I need one. I cracked mine going into the garage last time. Mine slips right under the garage door as long as I remember to flip the mirror over (which I did not remember to do last time).
    I have this mirror and mount. Works great, no vibration, and very attractive. I replaced the mirror with one of the extreme cipa mirrors with the adjustable side mirrors. Now I can see outside the wake on both sides

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I have the second one (the Monster one) and I love it. Yes you can adjust it pretty much any way you want. Where it attaches to the clamp, you can loosen two set screws and spin the arm around until you get it both horizontal and at the height you want it. I have the old style tower that folds forward, so I have to remove my mirror to fold the tower, so the quick clamp is a big plus.
    Ditto, works great for me, flip the clamp lever and pull it off the mount. Done.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post

I puchased that exact mirror from Aerial about a year ago for $112.00 for my previous boat I had. The mirror looks & worked great with no vibaration when moving, but the quick release isn't worth a flip. The thickness of the metal, were the relief cut is made, is to thick and does not flex at all. So you can not use the quick release lever with out it bending. I contacted Aerial about the problem and they said they were going to send me a replacement, which they never did, but I didn't push the issue either. That may be the reason they are $69.95 now. But if you don't care about the quick release it is a deal, but is you are relying on the quick release you will be disappointed.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!