Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tower mirror

I have the second one that you have pictured. It works great, easy to adjust in any position for any rider. The quick disconnect is a great feature and one that you should have on whichever product you purchase.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I have the second one, too. First on a Outback, it was nice to detach for the tower lowering and road travel. Now it is on a LSV, love it. I have it matched up w/ the CIPA mirror that has the side adjustments (CIPA Extreme?)..It will also go to my next boat too.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I have this mirror and mount. Works great, no vibration, and very attractive. I replaced the mirror with one of the extreme cipa mirrors with the adjustable side mirrors. Now I can see outside the wake on both sides
    +1 as well.

However, I do not fold my tower down and have only quick released it maybe twice to tow her to the dealer. Quick release is more like a "pry-like-hell" release but it does come off for me...
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

ok, just ordered the second one. should be here in a week or so.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    ok, just ordered the second one. should be here in a week or so.

you should be very happy with it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Wow, I'm very surprised to hear the Aerial quick release is a disappointment. Most of the time their stuff is top notch.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Wow, I'm very surprised to hear the Aerial quick release is a disappointment. Most of the time their stuff is top notch.
    I only remove mine to tow on highways. The quick release is not able to put enough pressure to squeeze on the mount to keep the mirror firm on the tower mount. It's no big deal for me, I keep a small box wrench in my tool kit to remove the mirror with one turn.

i just need a new storage unit that allows me to store my boat with the tower up! and my boat has been at the dealer for over a week now! i want it bacck!!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I only remove mine to tow on highways. The quick release is not able to put enough pressure to squeeze on the mount to keep the mirror firm on the tower mount. It's no big deal for me, I keep a small box wrench in my tool kit to remove the mirror with one turn.
    YDM, mine was exactly as yours. I was able to torque it down just enough to lock it onto the mount... and it doesn't move. However, I do have to beat the quick release lever down to get it shut and pry like crazy to get it back off. But, just like you, I remove the mirror maybe twice a year so it works out just fine for me.

Overall, very happy with the Aerial. Looks great! Soooooooo much better than the windshield mount.
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)