Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friggin Thieves

Brad, very sorry to hear about this and very sorry for you. But way sorrier for them. Imagine risking jail time to trade your soul for some wakeboard stuff. Pathetic people that take others hard earned equipment. They'll get caught. Not this time, but eventually as they keep it up. Guys that cut locks off aren't one timers. Lots of times the stuff shows up on ebay so it gets shipped far away. I don't suppose there's any video, a gate?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Why don't you put a want ad out on Craigslist for a used wakeboard explaining that you fell on tough times and you want to give something for Christmas to your kid that lives with your ex. You never know what will show up.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

i sat down yesterday and made a list to turn in to the police.
    Adds up to A LOT OF $$$.
    2 Murray's with murray an byerly bindings..
    1 CWB with murray bindings..
    wife's 2 boards and 2 surf boards.

ADDS up QUICK!

once I get police report, I'll talk to insurance
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

i just can't stand thieves. I work offshore and last year i came home from being at work for two weeks to find my utility trailer and my 4 wheeler which was on my utility trailer gone. have not heard a thing from the cops yet
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Stolen merchandise

I had some stereo equipment stolen years ago and it is infuriating. If anyone has stuff in storage units, expect more thefts. With the popularity of the reality tv show 'storage wars' and others, expect a lot more break ins. These shows show what people leave in their units. In some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars in goods. If your place has no gate and no security cameras, (down every aisle, and entrance and exit cameras) Move your stuff. Ask to see the monitor and see if they have a DVR.
    Last edited by SkiBoy; 12-14-2010 at 01:51 PM.

This is why I don't like buying used gear. I'm actually looking for a board right now and saw Kane's post in the classified section but I worry I'd actually be buying someone else's pitfall. Sorry about your loss man. That sux!

that really sucks!! In our small town hardly anyone used to lock the doors on their house or take keys out of the vehicles.... then in the course of 2 weeks, 3 cars and some dirtbikes and quads were stolen. Now i lock everything. At our lake we used to be able to leave out tubes tied to the public dock while we were out wakeboarding or surfing. Then my neighbor had his stolen! IT's sad!! hopefully your insurance comes through!!

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

A friend of mine on our river left some stuff on the beach where we park during the day when we are out boarding and stuff. He came back and a bunch of his boards and tubes were gone. Now everyone has to leave a guard or take everything with you each time you leave out. Shameful.

It's not a spot you can really get to by car or foot so it means other boaters are the ones that got him.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

When I go camping and go out in the boat or on the motorcycle, I have a couple long cables that I run through anything of value and lock it to a permanent fixture like a tree. If there is nothing permanent nearby, I lock a bunch of stuff together so they have to haul it all out. The cables are cheap at Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/30-ft-x...ble-67705.html
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

spoke to Insurance finally.. got a claim started.
    Sounds like I'll get some love out of this deal! I'll lose out some, but if they use replacement cost I'll be ok. JUST about everything I got I had gotten on the deal from bbb, anothersmokindeal, etc...

OK,
    SO Suggestions for replacements?
    Surfboard?
    Wakeboards for me and the Missus?
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold