Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat Show Specials are coming! EPA notes as well

Should be arriving with dealers this week. One of the more exciting items, will be that a dealer has up to 6 weeks BEFORE their show to write deals with the incentives. Once their show is done the incentives go away.

Keep in mind...that in 2011 the EPA is MANDATING that all engines built have to have a CAT(low emmision Catalyzed) engine in them. That will raise prices....alot, on Spring ordered boats, if you wanted a base 325 engine, you need to be calling your dealer soon. The 325 base engine WILL SOON BE GONE. The above incentive of early boat show deals is designed to help dealers presell boats before the new CAT engines is required. Indmar built ahead some engines, but in general the NON Cat engine(less cost, roughly $2,200) will be gone by Feb, depending on demand.

Just so you know. See you at the shows.

Rick

Thanks for the info, now I just gotta work on the wife
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

That should be a big incentive at the shows. Manufactorers need to get the word out to buy now rather than later.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

maybe as a noise reducer? never heard it, but would have to believe there are some sound level benefits to it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

FAE is very quite, I was behind Maxpowers outback with it on and you dont even hear it running.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    all engines will have a CAT, huh?

That's great for us, bad for Larry Mann

Wonder how he will market his FAE now
    You will still market it the same way, the exhaust that is giving you a head ach is still so low the Cats will not stop that. If you got a headach behind the boat before a cat, you will still get it after the cat.

The cat is there to clean the hydro carbons and raw fuel out of your exhaust, is the carbon monoxide that is giving you the headach.

Normal air quality is 21% oxygen and when carbon monoixide is added from an engine that percentage can drop to 19% very quickly and at that rate you get headachs, feel more tired and dont think as clearly as normal.

We have been thinking of getting a FAE because we tend to get the ehadachs but i dont want to lose the sound of my engine..
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "the exhaust that is giving you a head ach"

Not me - don't even believe it is an issue...
    I believe that for some it is a problem-Ive started to get head ach's but was'nt sure if was that or a lack of fluids with being in the sun or a combination of both.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

never had anyone complain of a headache at any time. that would put a major damper on the day..
    have the 340extcat, so maybe that's why

even in a "value" line like the moomba/axis, I would not think that a $2200 price increase would be a dealbreaker especially with the selling feature of 15hp additional and the environmental benefits of the cat.

this from the guy that, as one of the first mods to turbo'ed cars, pull the cats off
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I can't believe that it will cost $2200 more to make it standard. If that is the only way you can make an engine (with a CAT), the numbers produced go up and usually the price comes down.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    you get headachs, feel more tired and dont think as clearly as normal.
    tequila does the same