Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sweet! So now I should look forward to my front axle taking a dump!
    Sorry to hear about that YDM. At least it happened in the winter instead of July.

PWI as usual...

I Know I should be thankful that I noticed it a couple hundred feet from my storage. The tire is not touching the fender like my first axle did making the tire smoke and scortch the fender. I'm Boatmate will make it right and it's winter so I should get the axle slightly faster since it's offseason. Just another couple hours swapping them out.

Please document the switch out as best you can under the circumstances. That would make a great "How To" addition.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Please document the switch out as best you can under the circumstances. That would make a great "How To" addition.
    The brakelines and bleeding the brakes takes half the time

I have to wonder how rare these failures really are? When I called boatmate early last summer, the guy I talked to put a very small number on the affected trailers. I recall it being less than a half of percent. I also thought that he said the 08's weren't as much affected as the ones from a few years prior. I've got to say, I have an 08 Outback and I'm concerned that I will one day be bitten by the failure of my boatmate axle too.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

^^^ and you have single axle so a failure could more dangerous and damaging. I just find it weird that both mine failed in 4 months with minimal towing distance (4-10) miles total per outing

Woohoo!!! Axle came in just now and only took 5 days from Boatmate after Jerry said they would warranty it. Thanks Jerry at Boatmate!!!

Back in business, 50 min to install new axle. My friend and I are getting efficent at it after two times

I have an 08 XLV too,where are the serials and do you have a list of the serial numbers of potentially bad axels?
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I have an 08 XLV too,where are the serials and do you have a list of the serial numbers of potentially bad axels?
    Crawl under your trailer and under the axles you'll see a small rectangular plate, it has the serial number. You can contact Jerry at [email protected] for questions. I don't know if he has a list of suspect axles but he did warranty mine after my trailer warranty expired.