Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, gonracn...

HATE to see the heat in that engine compartment..

never forget getting my old evo dyon'ed and at 31psi and full throttle, after 2-3 runs the ex manifold and turbo housing were glowing red hot. was cool.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

My dad's cousin had an Eliminator Jet boat with a Blown 454. This was about 20-25 Years ago but I remember it being the fastest boat on the lake North of the Twin Cities. You could see the fishtail and hear the roar from a few miles across the lake and you knew exactly who's boat it was

I loved that thing! This was before wakeboarding really took hold and we skied, kneeboarded and tubed behind it all the time. Was nothing like going wide open though.......and it had a billet foot for a gas pedal

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Man, I hate a gas pedal in a boat. The thing jumps up and down and you can't keep your foot still. Skiing behind my uncle's jet was the worst. He's missing a few toes and can barely hold a car's gas pedal steady. There's a good reason for hand controls in a boat.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 12-06-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I got a hotfoot in my bassboat which does about 75 and love it for bass boats... Couldnt imagine pulling someone all day with a hotfoot though... your leg would be in extreme pain by the end of day(if not by noon)........

Smile

Turbo i don't think is the way to go,but Supercharging is getting more popular. As someone above mentioned MC and ilmor now have a SC option available.As we were told at a recent customer appreciation night we attended coming straight from the owner of Ilmor motors. They had an x25 done up with a Sc putting out aprox 600hp.
    I've heard of Jumpers doing this to there personal boats as well. Ryan Dodd and rumour Freddie Kruger as well.
    Ryan Dodd was at this show i went to but i missed my chance to talk to him.
    07 Outback DD

I totally get doing this in a car, and in my last 3 turbo'ed 4bangers, I modded extensively in a never-ending quest for faster 1/4 mile times, but with the limited research and knowledge I have on boats, seems that for MOST wakeboarding applications, a different prop makes more sense than any engine upgrade would, and don't know about anyone else, but my top speed only really needs to be over 30, as that covers any wakeboard speed comfortably and I'm not ever in a hurry to get anywhere when on the lake.. heck, I don't have cell service at the lake and don't even begin to miss it
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Regardless of what you do to the engine, your enemy will be the hull. All hulls are built for a function, ours are built for a wake at 36 mph. Most Outbacks are topping out at @45 mph (give or take 1-2 mph). As speed increases, so does the friction on the hull (per the way it is designed). Check the Nautique forums for speed issues. Trying to break 55mph in an Outback would probably require more than a turbo and may be nearly impossible.

Even the Python (496/502 cid) motors used by CC in 196 were only in the low to mid 50s.

Mastercraft put a supercharger on Champ barefooter Keith StOnge's 8.1 litre Mastercraft...........needless to say after clamshell mod to accommodate the blower, then cover the intake as the noise was deadening, the boat got at least an increase of at least a Whopping 2mph......It was however able to consume gas faster than you could fill it up, and would over heat and shut down after about 10 - 12 mins of wot........practicing barefoot endurance at 50 mph.......but it sure did look cool
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug