Default THANKS Moombadaze!

for the post-Thanksgiving surfin' session!

Got a great offer from Moombadaze and Ed G to get the family out for a late season surf session after we returned from a Thanksgiving week cruise. So after a long week on a big boat, Daze and Ed met my family at Lake Minneola in Clermont, FL. Daze pulled his boat up from Tampa as Ed was still feeling the effects of the flu he picked up in Pittsburgh. Introduced the family to Ed and headed out with Daze & family.

We had a blast! Everyone surfed on their new LakeWakes Surfboards and LOVED them! The girls struggled a bit with the cool water & wetsuits. Wife took these pics as people were getting up, then switched to video when the real surfin' started (the girls have been "studying film" of their rides so they can try and get better. I need to do the same!).

pic of the whole crew (my 2 1/2 yr old son is asleep in the boat) after the day

youngest daughter

oldest daughter

Moombadaze

Need to get the girls their own wetsuits. Practically useless being that baggy. Looks like they still had a blast though.

Sorry I missed it but the forecast showed a high of around 66 and we were busy with the FL/FSU game. Glad you guys got to get out and have some fun.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Good stuff here.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Nope, we stayed on Minneola as our time was short. We had to drive back to Atlanta in the post-Turkey Day traffic and needed to get the kiddos in bed at a reasonable time. I'll be back this summer and would like to explore the other lakes.

Ed, it was a tremendously gracious offer with the Yeungs, and 99% of the time I would have gladly taken you up on the offer. However, I had just spent a week on vacation with my family which included my Mother In Law. The only way I survived that time was through the benefits of alcohol. I found that Mojitos are a great cure for Mother In Laws. Sorry I had to decline, but with the long drive and an already saturated liver, I thought I should play it safe.

Drew & daze great pics and event

wish we were still riding, Brad (04outback) and i will have to meet in the snow belt soon as are water is getting quite still( brrrrrr....)

Ed, really... windy?? is that a pond. thats perfect surf conditions up north. if its smoother than that the the WB, slalom or Barefoot come out.

You can send those yeungs up here
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Let's all do (part of ) spring break in Clermont and see the chain. It'll be in the low 80's by then.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Let's all do (part of ) spring break in Clermont and see the chain. It'll be in the low 80's by then.
    Great idea!! Lets make it work.

Drew, were ready anytime to go out with you guys.

Wish we could have gone thru all the canals and rives and other lakes-that alone will take most of a day. Just needs more water in the lake

As for the Yeungs-Thanks for the offer but we usually dont drink when were out on the boat, normally just leave them in the fridge for when we get done. Many reasons for that and one is that a bui will get me fired just as quickly as a dui would and that makes it just not worth it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

So far spring break happens in different months

Wolfeman's is in April, ours is in March.

Kaneboats?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

March 19-27. Makes it kinda hard to schedule.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!