Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2006 Moomba Mobius LVS for Skiing

I'm looking at buying my first boat either a Outback V or LSV. I came across a solid deal on a 2006 LVS but wondering how it is for salom skiing? It does come with a wake plate, now will that help flatten the wake out? I'm looking for a good all around boat for skiing, wakeboarding, surfing etc.

depends on the skiing that you are doing but a 06 lsv will not lay down as flat as an OBV or and outback. skiing if a priority , would be third on that yaer of lsv
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

If you are purely a recreational skier you won't mind the LSV at all and the wake plate does help. This model does so many other things well the trade off is well worth it. BUT, if you are a competitive skier or like to ski the course it probably isn't the right model for you. If you do get the LSV, don't be surprised if your crew ends up doing a lot more surfing and wakeboarding. It's a great boat for these activities. Enjoy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If you are purely a recreational skier you won't mind the LSV at all and the wake plate does help. This model does so many other things well the trade off is well worth it. BUT, if you are a competitive skier or like to ski the course it probably isn't the right model for you. If you do get the LSV, don't be surprised if your crew ends up doing a lot more surfing and wakeboarding. It's a great boat for these activities. Enjoy!
    I agree completely.

Default .

Thanks for the input, I'm purely recreational and looking forward to the surfing too. Just looking for a good all around boat.

Default .

Looking at a 2006 Outback V too. Both same price but the LVS has 154hrs and OBV 315.

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters27 View Post
    Looking at a 2006 Outback V too. Both same price but the LVS has 154hrs and OBV 315.
    That seems odd. Does the OBV have more options? Better condition?

Jump on the lsv 06 is everything else is equal. lsv is a bigger and deeper boat and can hold more passengers.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default .

Both good looking boats. The OBV seems like it has it all. Ballast III system, perfect pass, 2 tower speakers, wake plate, etc.. LSV has the 4 tower speaker / light bar and is the gravity games edition if that means anything. both for 29K....good deals or overpriced?

Both sound like nice boats but it would seem the LSV is the better deal from what you've described.