Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    We don't need perfect pass ($1,000) or cruise control but it makes it easier...so does this. I've never seen anyone who bought one and said they wished they hadn't. In addition, you might not need it when you're driving but other less experienced drivers don't even have to worry about tower speakers anymore. Some of us like to board with music but with less experienced drivers you just hope they can drive the boat and you don't bother with giving them extra duties of tower speaker volume.
    Like i said it was just my opinion. Btw, i don't have PP or use the cruise either and nobody else drives my boat but the wife or grandson on rare occasions
    Last edited by Razzman; 11-28-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

With the amount you save you could then get an eq.

It is a cool feature to be able to use, And I feel that I am pretty capable as a human being and it is way easier then messing with the mute on the remote .

You can use the aux input and run an Ipod through that and not need a head unit also if so desired I believe.

I would recommend it, No it's not necessary but it is convenient.
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    where is the analog rpm sensor hooked up to? under the dash or did you have to get the tach signal generator?
    Anyone got one installed that can answer this?
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by scoot_gt View Post
    Anyone got one installed that can answer this?
    I have one but my entire system was installed by Earmark Marine. I'll have to check under the dash and trace the gray wire to see if it's to the tach or the engine harness.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I have one but my entire system was installed by Earmark Marine. I'll have to check under the dash and trace the gray wire to see if it's to the tach or the engine harness.
    Thanks YDM. I sent Earmark a quick question as well to ask about installation on Moombas for those of us nowhere near TX!
    2010 LSV
    2006 Outback V (sold)

Mine was installed at Acme tops and tunes in Sacramento but I have a call in to ask about the tach wire.

But I never heard of it needing another piece added to it.

I will ask if they know what wire color it is and how to locate it, It was installed a couple years ago but they might remember?
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

Moomba/Supras do not need the supplemental piece that reads the alternator cable. Just use the single tach wire. We simply call the dealer for each boat brand. The install of the HSE is a breeze.
    David
    Earmark Marine

From earmarks detail on the HSE revolution.

"Pre-2008 Mercruiser, like Sanger and Centurion, may require the 454T tach signal generator. Also, if you have a recent boat where you are discouraged from tapping into a wire that may be connected to an engine management system (Malibu Medallion, for example) then simply add the 454T tach signal generator. This is easy to install and totally reliable"

looks like moomba are good to go.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Mine was installed at Acme tops and tunes in Sacramento but I have a call in to ask about the tach wire.

But I never heard of it needing another piece added to it.

I will ask if they know what wire color it is and how to locate it, It was installed a couple years ago but they might remember?
    It's the gray wire

Default Who da man!

Did they give you a discount to come on the forum and tout this product, I mean half the responses on this thread are from you, when I first read it a few days ago it seemed fishy.