Default on-line price calculator

How does the on-line cost calculator compare to actual dealer prices? Should one expect dealer prices to be the same? Higher? Lower?

I suspect that finding one in dealer stock might improve your chances of a discount, how about when ordering one?

Are there dealers who deal long distance, or are we pretty much stuck with our closest dealer?

What is normal stock for a dealer? Are there any that have above average quantities?

Default Replying to Topic 'on-line price calculator'

Im fairly new to boat owning, so look for other answers than just mine. However, in my situation, I found the online calculator to be a good souce for a base price. Some of the options you will find are now standard on the boat you are looking at, so the prices will reflect that. The dealer should go lower than what you pull up on the website, like 10% off that price atleast. I've also heard that boat are typically cheaper during the off-season or boat shows. Boats the dealers are trying hard to get rid of since the new line is coming out. So you will have better luck getting a cheaper boat the dealer has in stock than ordering one. As far as which dealer to go with, I would recommend going to the closest dealer you can reguardless of the price. Boats have problems, and you will need it serviced. The dealers service department will make or break your experiance with X boat brand, and I highly doubt you will want to travel long distances to get your boat looked at. Another thing I had to consider was learning how to use the boat. In my case I could of probably gotten the boat cheaper at a dealer far away over the internet or something, but those dealers would not come down to my local lake and give me all the time int he world to test the boat, ask questions, and get teach me how to use the boat proberly. This is something I think a lot of people disreguard. By choosing my local dealer, I get much better customer service.

Good luck with your boat search. I love my moomba outback, and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

Default Replying to Topic 'on-line price calculator'

Looking,
    I found that the price on the Moomba website was a perfect starting point. I printed off the list and faxed it out to local dealers around me. I asked them to give me their best price from my list, some came down a bit others came down a lot.
    I agree with Woopdedoo, your local dealer is going to be able to be helpful on your local lakes, that is a big plus. Unfortunately I didn't have a local dealer so I went for the lowest price guy. Turned out to be a really great dealer, I got lucky.

Brent