Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boat Owner

Default New Boat Owner

Hey Guys,

I just bought a 2008 Mobius LSV and have a few questions about it that I think yall may be able to help me with.

1. Where is the drain plug to drain the water out of the engine block?? This may sound like a stupid question but I have no idea where it is.

2. My boat did not come with an owners manual and I was wondering if the bilge pump on these are automatics or the do they run constantly when the switch is on?

3. When I folded my tower down after the last time I went out the two support pieces on the back fell and I was unable to catch them, the hit the gel coat pretty hard and chipped/cracked it. can this be repaired and if so about how much would it cost?

4. Where can I get a pump to suck the oil out of the motor so I can change the oil?

Yeah, as you can see i am definitely a novice at this stuff.

my answers

1) no idea myself as im in florida and have no need to drain

2) pumps are auto on if enough water is present, and will run if you switch it on

3)use 2 people to lower it, and yes it can be repaired-not sure how much

4)overtones.com, barts.com, tractor supply stores, harbour freight. jsut get a manuall vacum pump one. dont bother with the piece of crap battery operated unit

Welcome to Moomba ownership and the forums
    Last edited by moombadaze; 11-27-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Link to owners manuals under About Moomba then Archive tabs at the top of the page.
    http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_08.pdf

Engine block drain plugs are in the center on each side of block below the heads. look for brass 1/4" NPT pipe plugs.

Link to Indmar engine owners manual.
    http://indmar.com/About/ContactIndma...Presentweb.pdf

Search for winterization on this forum and you can see everything you need. Good luck with the chips.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

I highly recommend the pela 6000 pump. I used one of the small ones that hooks up to a drill and it was a pos. anyone wants it, just pay me for shipping

got the pela off amazon earlier this year for around $50 and it was amazing. sucked the oil dry in no time at all and with no effort at all..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

As far as the gellcoat......an idea is to add 2 more moomba step plates and mount them over the chipped areas so now you have a rest place for tower when its down or for the next time they drop
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-28-2010 at 02:18 AM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default step plates

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    As far as the gellcoat......an ideas is to 2 more moomba step plates and mount them over the chipped areasonow you have arest place for tower when its down orforthe next time they drop
    Where do I get these step plates that you speak of and how much do they cost?!? i was thinking about putting something there for them but was having a hard time deciding what to put there without it looking tacky.

im in egypt right now and the temp back home his hitting as low as 29 at night and my new toy has not yet been winterized. worrrriiedd

on my lsv the step plates will not help cause when the rear legs of the tower are folded down they dont hit in the middle of the gun wale-they hit on the outside
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    on my lsv the step plates will not help cause when the rear legs of the tower are folded down they dont hit in the middle of the gun wale-they hit on the outside
    thats odd cause mine hit dead center and there is a chip and crack on both sides where they land. i figured if you put wing bolt back in the swing arm a few threads and lay it down it rests on the plastic of the bolt instead of the hard metal of the arm. but still step plates would be nice

well I picked up Two Supra step plates from my dealer....i think they were about 40 or 45 a piece..... expensive but look good
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug