Default who's going shopping/went shopping on black friday?

Ok.. who's braving the weather and crowds??

I gots to work at 4:30am, but plan on headin out for a couple of things at 8 once I'm done..
    Saw some good deals on dewalt gear. Had my eye on a new washer/dryer but just had the rear end in the truck rebuilt

Post up ur stories....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Not a chance! Wife says "i'm going shopping tomorrow early, you going?" Hah! I gave her a big "Adios and have fun!" Married 32 years, I did it once with her and will never do it again!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Ok.. who's braving the weather and crowds?
    Not me. Like Razz, did Black Friday once. Never again. Stood in line four years ago to get a deal on something at Best Buy.

Our day after Thanksgiving tradition is getting the Christmas tree. Been doing this for fifteen consecutive years. We hook up the utility trailer and drive an hour north to the Wisconsin border to a tree farm. Grab a saw and climb onto a wagon pulled by a tractor. Eventually we settle on the "perfect" tree and haul it back to the farm house. While it is being packaged in netting, we warm up with fresh donuts and hot cider. On the way out of town we stop at the same country restaurant and take our customary table on the balcony level. We talk, laugh, and eat. Eventually we make the drive home. Even though the boys are older (24, 22, and 17), they still consider it special and hold fast to this day. Mrs. D and I love every minute.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I was going to go but the electronics I needed came on sale on-line for a little cheaper, no sales tax, no shipping charges and delivered to my door. Man, I love internet shopping.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Ed,

Best buy was selling the Red WII for 169.99 online. My sisters are big black friday crazy people. I agree with everyone else. Send them a list if there is anything i want and i can stay asleep and not deal with people.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Needless to say, BF is one of the most important days of the year around here. I head out with my better half at about 2 am every year. We are usually done and back in bed by 7:30 with the extra money still in our pockets.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Ok.. who's braving the weather and crowds??

I gots to work at 4:30am, but plan on headin out for a couple of things at 8 once I'm done..
    Saw some good deals on dewalt gear. Had my eye on a new washer/dryer but just had the rear end in the truck rebuilt

Post up ur stories....
    Not I , just the wife and kids, anyone know if the the porter cable cordless pack at lowes is any good, price seems right at 125.00
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Stuart...Your Holiday tradition immediately produced a Norman Rockwell image in my mind
    Ed - Not exactly a Norman Rockwell, but still a special day. Group picture was taken early this afternoon at the tree farm. Mrs. D and I are on the left. The three boys are ours. The two young ladies are friends of our sons. Man, it was chilly. After getting dropped off, we wandered for about twenty minutes and found the "perfect" tree. It's sitting in a bucket of water in the dining room. Hopefully it will get decorated in the next few days. The young lady on the left in the group photo is home from college for Thanksgiving break and worked today from 3:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at JC Penney. From what she said it was busy (in the shoe department). Man, I think the only thing worse than shopping on Black Friday is having to work on Black Friday. - Stuart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles