Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

this may answer your question as to why.....

way more push on the left side causing the rudder to go into a right boat steer?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Bumping this old thread. Last weekend while doing the break-in I was able to get it to 4000 rpm and 25-27mph or somewhere along there. When I let go of the steering wheel the boat turned pretty sharp to the right. I though hmm maybe I crossed a wave or something but when I let go another time at those speeds it wanted to turn to the right again. It does not do this when I was at slower speeds. With this being my first v drive I don't know if this is normal and just a characteristic of these boats. My steering wheel isn't hard to hold or anything and feels fine. It's just the boat sort of surprised me when I let go thinking the tracking fins would hold the boat straight. Anyone with a Max experience the same thing?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Bumping this old thread. Last weekend while doing the break-in I was able to get it to 4000 rpm and 25-27mph or somewhere along there. When I let go of the steering wheel the boat turned pretty sharp to the right. I though hmm maybe I crossed a wave or something but when I let go another time at those speeds it wanted to turn to the right again. It does not do this when I was at slower speeds. With this being my first v drive I don't know if this is normal and just a characteristic of these boats. My steering wheel isn't hard to hold or anything and feels fine. It's just the boat sort of surprised me when I let go thinking the tracking fins would hold the boat straight. Anyone with a Max experience the same thing?
    I’m pretty sure they all do this at that speed due to prop rotation. I know my 2008 Outback V did. I’ll see if my max does as well this weekend.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018