Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default University of Alabama

Spent three days at the University of Alabama. Wonderful school and state. Friendliest people on the face of the earth, and passionate about their football. Left at noon on Saturday, just hours before kickoff of game against Mississippi State. Never in my life have I seen tailgating on the scale of Bama fans. Unbelievable. On the way out of town had brunch at Ramajamas in the shadow of the massive football stadium. On the way to Atlanta passed Taladega speedway. Sure would have liked to pick up a t shirt. Enjoyed every minute of the three days and hope my son ends up at Bama.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

You should've said you were coming to Tuscaloosa. I got 05' Outback and the lake is right around the corner. Could have went out for a ride

You should have definately said something about being in town!!! You had to pass within 5 miles of my place when going from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta!!! I live just off of 459 and 20. If your son ends up here and needs any help, let me know. I can turn wrenches on just about anything!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Oh, we will not hold being a bama fan against you. We are Tiger fans here. You are right about our love of SEC football. You have to remember that we do not have any professional teams and college sports are our life here. I spend some time in Auburn and the football games there. Both schools take tailgating to a whole new level!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I love SEC football too. More of a Gator fan down here though.

Deerfield, I thought your son was going to school in Tennessee. What's going on with him? Also, I forgot what sport he's in.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I love SEC football too. More of a Gator fan down here though.

Deerfield, I thought your son was going to school in Tennessee. What's going on with him? Also, I forgot what sport he's in.
    kane - He swims. The plan to relocate from Illinois to Tennessee recently changed. My hope of enjoying a longer season on the water is out the window - for now. We are staying in Deerfield and he is finishing high school here. Has applied to six schools. So far been accepted by two, including Alabama. He needs two junior national times to secure a spot on the Alabama team. For swimming, SEC is just about the most competitive conference. Did not apply to Tennessee. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

move to Atlanta & cut the drive time to see your son from over 12 hrs to 3 1/2 hrs!

That's right, sorry. I think my wife's friend's daughter may be a swimmer at AL. I'll have to check. Agree with Drew-- move south ASAP!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

deerfield,
    u were looking at coming out west to Wyoming at one time too were'nt you?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    deerfield,
    u were looking at coming out west to Wyoming at one time too were'nt you?
    viking - Yes. Lots of upside. Close to the Rockies we love and direct flight to DC which is a must for work. But wind and short boating season were drawbacks. My boss recommended looking at Chatanooga. Moderate home prices, no state income tax, good weather, lots of water, and relatively easy drive to Atlanta for direct flight to DC. Now, back to stying in Illinois - for the time being. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart