1 10.00%
  • 4/3 Full Suit

1 10.00%
  • 3/2 Full Suit

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pick My Suit!!

I'm gonna say none of the suits you picked are good for water temps in the 60's. I realize you're on a tight budget but "good" suits do cost a little money. If you can bump up to around $150 then you get into a better class of suit. Keep in mind that the main feature of a good suit is glued/tape seams (aka: a sealed suit). Those cheapo suits will immediately will rush water in the seams and zipper and you'll be cold for a while before you warm up. However, any suit is better than no suit.

Why not just get a guru/heater top?

Our water temp rarely gets above 70 during the summer and just trunk it. But we will wear a heater top from time to time when the water temp is between like 58-65, usually depends on what the air temp is more so then the water temp. I rode on Saturday the water temp was 50 and I wore a full 3/2 and was plenty warm in it.
    Nate

I rode this past weekend and the water was freezing (to a Florida guy). I'm guessing low 70's to high 60's. My step dad had a SWS spring suit and I was plenty warm.

I tried to look up SWS since I liked it but apparently Connelley will no longer be making these. I found a scuba spring suit to use made by decor. It has sealed seams and although it's made for scuba its a spring suit and should have plenty of mobility.

A scuba shop was closing and selling it $50 (normally $140)
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

Default YOU DA Man

I have to say. Every time I read your posts I laugh. Here or on WW. 150 bucks is a lot to some people.and there is nothing wrong with a 60 dollar wetsuit from a large wholesaler other than the huge badging that a 150 buck suit would have

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    I have to say. Every time I read your posts I laugh. Here or on WW. 150 bucks is a lot to some people.and there is nothing wrong with a 60 dollar wetsuit from a large wholesaler other than the huge badging that a 150 buck suit would have
    Nothing wrong but very little right with a $60 suit. I've had cheap suits and they are cheap. They are better than nothing but you still cannot say that a $60 cheap suit with flatlock seams, low quality neoprene, no liner, and a non-waterproof zipper is better than a more quality suit with better neoprene, warmer liners, waterproof zipper (or better yet a chest zipper), and glued/taped seams. I'm not saying he's gotta spend $400 on an Oneil Psycho wetsuit but another $75-$100 gets him in a much better class of suit than will do a better job. I don't mind if you laugh, I'm use to your occassional useless sarcasm or "busting balls" of other members.

I am glad u get my my sarcasm and I may be wrong and I know you will all correct me but...it's a Wet suit so when you go in the water water gets in and your body heats that water up and there will be some exchange but it's not a dry suit.

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    I am glad u get my my sarcasm and I may be wrong and I know you will all correct me but...it's a Wet suit so when you go in the water water gets in and your body heats that water up and there will be some exchange but it's not a dry suit.
    You are correct sir. However, most manufacturers today have advanced their top of the line suits to the point that your chest area is pretty much dry but to do this sizing is critical. My Xcel Infinit Drylock suit does this (I do have a drysuit though that I haven't used yet). I know the guy that started this post said he's on a tight budget and I definately do not have deep pockets seeing that I work in law enforcement. I do manage to find great deals online with patience and shopping out of season. My O'neil drysuit I got for $125 on Craigslist and it doesn't even look used. My Xcel Infiniti Drylock suit usually goes for $325-$350 but I found it on close-out in my size for $189.

One site you can check out for "cheap" wetsuits www.tommydsports.com.
    Also www.evo.com has pretty good prices on higher quality suits & free ship over $100.00.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

Hey guys, Mark from Exceed wetsuits here. We are located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and are happy Moomba owners. Actually in Lake Placid right now doing some wakeboarding behind her. We give all Moomba owners a "special" price. This is not some cheap wetsuit. Our wetsuits have GBS seams and use the best neoprene you can buy. Feel free to call me anytime. The office number is 954-759-9998. Thanks.