Default new to this...winterize or not?

my '06 Mobius will spend its winter in my garage, I keep the garage between 45-55 degrees, what should I do to the motor to be sure it fires in the summer? I was told to disconnect the battery, what else? fill the gas tank? Sta-bil the gas? I am just thinking I dont need to go through the whole winterizing process since it wont get to freezing in the garage.....am I way off???

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FargoDawg View Post
    my '06 Mobius will spend its winter in my garage, I keep the garage between 45-55 degrees, what should I do to the motor to be sure it fires in the summer? I was told to disconnect the battery, what else? fill the gas tank? Sta-bil the gas? I am just thinking I dont need to go through the whole winterizing process since it wont get to freezing in the garage.....am I way off???

thanks
    I would hook the battery up to a charger for the winter and let it trickle/maintain all winter..

I would drain the block for peace of mind... takes very little time to do.. i followed al's direction here:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9877

If you have an hour I would just do his whole routine....

personally, the couple of hours that it takes to winterize the boat is peace of mind.

ask most on here and they will tell you that the odds are MUCH better at a winterized boat firing up first time than not..

btw, if you are really in fargo, imagine what happens if you have an emergency sometime in the winter and need to either keep the boat outside for a day or need to haul it somewhere. there's your peace of mind knowing you have no chance of it getting damaged
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Or power failure! Who knows. At least pull the block drain plugs, Exhaust manifold quick connects, remove the impeller, and disconnects the water intake hoses and J-tube and drain. 15 minutes tops and insurance against the "what ifs".

OH, by the way. It's snowing here now so it's on it's way

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

thanks for the tips, the pictures should get me through the basics, I like piece of mind.

we are supposed to snow next thursday, the weather people have no idea though and for sure we are due, getting close to middle november with no snow is a rarity for sure.