Thread: Would you buy

Default Would you buy

a used Moomba from a dealership that isn't a dealer for Moomba? I have found a boat that I'm interested in but it's 7hrs. away and the place is not a Moomba dealer but says his tech's have checked it out from top to bottom. I don't know much about v drives so I feel a little helpless when looking at them. I guess it wouldn't be any different than buying from an individual but we know how some sales people can be at times. lol

Alot of these types of boats use the same engines tranny's and V-drives so if this dealer deals in Inboards then they should be competant in assesing this boat. If they are willing to stand behind it with a warranty then I say if your happy with the price then go for it and welcome aboard.
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

As with any used vehicle, the tech whose opinion counts is a disinterested 3rd party whom you choose. It should be someone who is qualified to work on Indmar inboard drive systems, which are common on tournament towboats of several brands.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini