Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you had +/-$500

to basically blow on your boat, what would you get? Got a good bump at work, and figured I'd treat myself (or myself and wife).

My stereo needs nothing, we have an upgraded prop, ballast is where I want it, just bought a new Prop Pro surfboard this summer, and we don't need anymore wakeboards. Maybe there's nothing I need (which is a good feeling), but figured if anyone had great ideas it would be on this board. I suppose one more surfer couldn't hurt - maybe a surf style Inland Surfer would be on the radar.

I always think of stuff I want to buy, but am drawing a blank now. If all else fails I'll probably just put it toward a vacation or something stupid like not spend it at all .

Suggestions?
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Replace the stock platform pad with Seadek. Maybe some interior LED lights because it sucks looking for stuff in the dark and the stock lights are totally inadequate.

If you don't already have them, either cargo bimini or swivel racks.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    If you don't already have them, either cargo bimini or swivel racks.
    Agreed, Monster cargo rack is economical and functional. Z-5 cargo rack is very expensive (4x your $500), more functional, and better looking.

How about boat gas? It sounds like you have your boat where you want it. If you really want the gift that keeps giving you could go out and buy a new 2011 Moomba. That would be about +/- $500 a month.

A few little things would be like new dock/extra lines, new fenders, a new wakeboard rope/ an extra wakeboard rope (you never know when someone will run it over or you might let a friend use one for the day) an extra flag (I let a friend use one three years ago and I only see it when I am on her boat). How about tower mirror?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Perfect Pass StarGazer/ZO.
    Depth Finder
    FAE
    New Ropes and Vests for next season
    Boat Buddy
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

underwater LED's pretty cool.

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

interior LEDs. On the nights where I'm trying to put the cover on and cell phone is low.... or i'm searching the back compartments for things, or just because they are cool, some LEDs would be great. I think that's my winter project.

underwater LED's seem pretty cool as well.

I agree with everything said with the exception of the Boat Buddy. Some like them but there are some pretty bad horror stories about them as well. Check the Supra site to check it out. I definately wouldn't waste money on something that may or may not work for you. Besides i don't consider that a "must have", now Stargazer is a different story, LED's are a cool factor.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tell me more about PP Stargazer. I currently have the newer version (2010) of the Moomba cruise. I thought going to PP was about a grand to do the upgrade - am I incorrect on this?
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback